Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday, May 16, 1999


We are having perfect summer weather, but we do need rain.  Yesterday I planted my pots along the garage.  3 with pansies, 3 with geraniums, 7 begonias.  Dale gave me a Mother's Day planter for the porch.

This aft. I walked overtown - mailed letters, went to CVS & enjoyed a walk.  Stopped at the library.  People were using it.  How are your Sun. openings going?

Mr. Bonace is having a fireplace built facing Carey's side.  He told Lar he did it so they'd have heat in case of Y2K problems.

Did you notice Fri. blotter - Mr. Carey stopped for DUI.  He's quite a drinker.  He's started by the time Lar is there on Thurs.

I called to find out about my new glasses - they aren't in yet & it's 2 weeks this coming Tues.  Soon I shop.

Saw. Dr. McNett last Fri. & all is well.  Blood pressure good.  I start taking just 2 pills for thyroid now & in the middle of June I just need to take 1 a day.  I had been taking 3 a day.  I fell good.  Gained some weight.  Weigh 136 & I want to stay around there.  Have to give up my coffee breaks.  Dr. Mc said it's not the coffee it's what you have with it.  How well I know that!

The former Blue Manor - now Liberty St. Cafe - Jeff Smith tried his hand at running it.  He sold out.  The owner of Gaughn's Drug Store - his son has it now.   He was chef in Fla. U& wanted to come home.  Lar & Kim went there for breakfast & it's expensive.  Heard their prime rib is $22.95.  I don't  know if Warren is ready for those prices in an ordinary building.  They fixed it up a bit.  Lar, Kim & others go to the Peppermill for Sun. breakfasts now.

Barb started painting the front steps but ran out of primer paint.  She is riding her bike again. . A 10-mile loop on the bike path & home by Hatch Patch & Conewango.

Now it's Mon. A.M. & Dale left for work.  For your anniversary I'm sending money so you can buy something gyoy've been hoping to get.  I thought maybe something you'd like for your Bastille Day party.  Something to keep food warm or cold, etc.  Whatever.  Hope this meets with your approval.  We got a set of Corelle for Lar & Kim.  Then she saw something she liked at Blairs but I already bought the dishes.  I saved the sales slip so she can exchange or return them at K Mart.  They'll come for dinner next Sun.

Tues A.M.

Got the bathroom cleaned; cleaned myself & walked to Calvary Baptist Church & voted in their bldg, behind the church.

Last nite I got a call to vote for Williams to continue as County Commissioner.  She said Can I depend on your vote.  I said "no" & think that surprised her but I would never vote for him.  H e is against everything including library funding.  I voted for James Hunter & John Zavinsky.

Now I'm going to walk overtown, get some stamps & mail some letter.  Another beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment