Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sunday, May 8, 1999


I'll start a letter as there is something to write about.

Kim took a personal day last Fri. & took us to the Grove City Outlet, a maze of outlet stores in a lovely setting.  Very tastefully arranged groups of building with several stores in each section.  Andy would have loved all the sport stores - clothes, shoes, etc.  But too much to take in.  Barb & I went in the Corelle Store; Paper Works; Eddie Bauer, where she got a nylon jacket, (a spring one); London Fog store; Off Fifth Ave; etc., etc.  Didn't buy much.  a 2 hr. drive, shopped for 2 hours, ate lunch, home by 3 pm.  Left at 8:30 A.M.  And I was tired out.  Laid down when I got home.  Everyone got their own supper.  I was in bed at 8:45 & slept til 6 A.M.  That isn't my cup of tea anymore.  Fun to see but once is enough.

Sat. Kim & Lar were having a couples' shower at camp for one of their friends.  40 people expected & Sat. was a day of rain showers.  We'll find out today how it was.  I don't care to go out to eat on Mother's Day - too crowded so they'll be there at 5:30.  Celebrate Lar's birthday as well.  Steak (Kim paid for), potato salad, fresh green beans, tossed salad.  Ice cream & cake & Kim ordered a cake so it's very easy for me.

This past week I got a card saying Junior Himes & Diane & families gave to the Memorial Fund for Dad.  Heard from a lay pastor that helped at Hessel Valley when we were there.  They live in Fla. now.  Got a card from the choir members saying they were getting an anthem in memory of Dad.  They'll sing it some Sun.

Today was music Sun. - bell choir, t numbers of the choir & several hymns by the congregation.  Denny & Elaine Jacobson Crandell's daughter Carrie, a college senior in music is our organist now.  She accompanied the bell choir on the clarinet.  "Just a Closer Walk with Thee."  She is an excellent musician, piano, organ & instruments.  She will spend the fall semester student teaching & then if she can't find a job will sub in Warren.  Plans to be married in the summer of 2000.

I'm written out but wanted to write while it was fresh in my mind.

Can you pick the art show exhibit 
that belongs to Eddie Nelson?


More - just remembered your letter.  I wasn't close to finding Eddie's drawing.  I chose the one of the faces in the lower right corner because of his drawing on the school calendar.  Barb chose either the one he drew or the one on top of it.  Couldn't decide so she was closer to the real thing.  Very interesting work with the shadings, coloring, etc.


Not it's Thurs. pm.  Dishes done, etc. U& I must get this ready to mail tomorrow.

Tues one of the resident guests at the Crary Home stopped by to invite me to a little birthday pie & coffee for Lar's birthday.  T hey wanted to meet Lar's mom.  It was at 12:30 & very nice.  One of the ladies gave a neighbor & me a tour of the house.  I'd never been there before so it was fun to see it.  They served either peach or strawberry-rhubarb pie.  (From Ecklof's Bakery in Jamestown), ice cream & coffee.  It was nice to be asked & I enjoyed it.

Tomorrow I see Dr. McNett again to see how my thyroid is doing.  Had to have a blood test yesterday.

Don't have my new glasses yet - it's taking longer & I'm anxious to get them.

Got a letter & card from a couple in Auburn with 10.00 for a memorial for Dad.  The letter mentioned good times we had.  Dad confirmed them, married them & baptized their 2 daughters.  They married young - out of high school - & we've kept in touch.  Also Ted & Sue Shaffer from Ohio gave a memorial to Hospice for Dad.  2 more thank you's to send.  Have to do it this weekend.

Got your letter today.  Dale moved & edged by the sidewalk so the yard looks nice.  Barb washed the kitchen side of the house.  Did the porch last week, so the chairs are out.  All is well here.

No comments:

Post a Comment