Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thursday, July 15, 1999


Yesterday Betty Casey & I went to lunch at the Plaza.  Crowded lunch hour & noisy.  Food good.  She doesn't drive so we walked.  She lives on Dartmouth St.  We looked around Blairs & came home as I had a 1:30 pm appt. with David Swanson, atty.  He'll check the tax on the checking acct. etc.  but it sounds like I'll have to pay it.  Then he told me different aspects on the house & I think it will be that the house will be in the "children's" names, each owing 1/4 of it.  I won't own it.  In your case if anything should happen to you, it would pass to Andy & Eddie.  Maybe I should add I can live in the house as long as I live to make it legal.  I don't think anyone would force me out.  He'll also update the will - Lar will be executor, however you spell it as you're in Wi.  Also Lar will have power of attorney & a living will that I don't want life support.  At last it's getting done.

My room is finished & looks so nice.  Lar said you need sunglasses it's so bright.  But his choice is a light beige.  It isn't that bright & it sure has more life to it now.

Pat Orbanic, a member, made a copper symbol of Baptism.  It is over the center entrance to the sanctuary.  A bowl with 3 drops falling from it.  Very lovely.  She is so talented.  Decorates the church for Thanksgiving & Christmas.


Did you watch the All Star Baseball game.  I watched half of it & went to bed.  Noticed in USA Today that ratings for Fox were down from last year.  I prefer 2 men in the booth.  Too much gabbing with 3.

Lar & Kim should be at her sister's now for a week - minus Torey.  He'll be a basket case before they get home.  Poor Torey.

Tomorrow nite Fri & thru Sat A.M. the Cancer Society has "doings" at Beaty.  You'll probably see a write-up on it.  This year they won't play their loud music from 1-5 A.M.  Lots of complaints about that including your sister!  It is a residential neighborhood on both sides of the creek & the loud noise doesn't make for healthy relations with the Cancer Soc. when you're trying to sleep.  We'll have the windows closed & A.C. on.



Barb & I went to Jamestown today A.M.  Got a cushion for the porch swing on sale.  Softer to sit on now.  Got blueberries & made 6 jars of b.berry jam this aft.  Hoped to pick the berries but this yr. I wanted to be sure of having jam so I bo't the berries on sale 79 cents pt. & needed 3 pts.

Yankees vs. Braves coming on.  Will Andy be watching.  Should be fun to watch.

P.S. I really enjoyed Ted Williams at the All Star game & the players around him & him talking to them.  He was interviewed tonite on ESPN.  A great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment