Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday, July 4, 1999


How are you surviving the weather.  The 90's are too warm for me.  We kept the A.C. on late nite & will tonite as it doesn't cool off much.  I stay inside.  We have had some rain, much needed rain.

We don't take in any of the Fourth activities, except to hang the flag on the porch.  I watched the Mets get beat again on Sat.  I still have hopes for today.

Last nite Nascar had a race & I watched part of that before going to bed.

How is the reunion.  I'll be anxious to read about it.


I notice that Andy usually calls me when the Mets play the Braves & usually the Mets are on the losing side.  The Mets have a better 3rd baseman in Robin Ventura than Andy's favorite Skipper Jones - can't think of his nickname.  Andy & I could have a good discussion on that topic!  I think the Atlantic broadcasters played him & the team, maybe I should say praised, so much it turned me off on them, even they are good.

The pens are so light, it's hard to read the letter.  This is better.

Wed. I go out to lunch with Bensons. Hollertzs, Deckers, & Fostroms.  Warren & Anna will pick me up & we'll go to Holiday Inn for lunch.


Barb started painting my room.  She's divided the job into 3rds & the 1st 3rd is completed.  The West wall.  The other 2 have doors & windows to break it up.  Looks very nice & I like the blue color - light to med. blue so it's not too dark.

It looks like the corn at Hatch Patch will soon be ready.  Grows fast in this weather.  Read in the paper one farmer in the Erie area has corn to sell already.  They usually say "knee high by the 4th of July".


Paul, do you remember Roxy Sasserson from church.  Don't remember her married name - she is sec'y at Sheffield & Kim told me that her oldest son & wife had a baby recently.  In the 3rd month, the Dr. tho't something might be wrong & something was wrong & the baby is a mongoloid.  The first born.  I might have had a few problems with you kids but at least the 4 were normal.  And I'm very proud of you all now, as I was then.

With that I'll bring this to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment