Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sunday, November 26, 2000






After you left, I put dishes in the dishwasher, etc., made my Sun. A.M. breakfast of a boiled egg & toast.   Then a shower.  Upstairs to start dressing.  Made up my bed & the put all the extra blankets & such on my bed.  Put the towels in the washer & dryer before church & started another load.  After church I came home to see the towels all folded & started a 3rd load.  After some lunch I started in putting things away & at 3 pm all is put away & my bed is cleared.  Now I'm at the kitchen table writing & having a cup of coffee.

By now you are closer to home & I know you'll be glad to get all unpacked & back to your normal schedule.  It was so good to have you here for Thanksgiving.  Thank you again for the wine, popcorn, & the glass turkey.

I'll be calling tonite to tell you we have Andy's glasses & a glove.  Still haven't found the remote control but I'm sure it will turn up.






We haven't had too much rain today but I did need an umbrella walking to church.  I took the name of a 9 year old boy (Salvation Army) & he wants electronic toys or music CD.  That shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.  Barb suggested we get the CD Andy wants.  So my shopping is extended.

Dale vacuumed for me & he also cleaned out where the videos, etc. are kept.  There is a golf game -- electronic -- I'll send for Andy.  Also a baseball video -- read by Ken Burns & Andy might be interested in it.

I wish it was a nice day, weatherwise, as then I could walk to CVS.  Instead I'll watch the Skins golf.

Pretty soon I'll start listening to our Christmas CDs.





Dale found an old remote control & the sheet on how to set it.  The first numbers he tired worked so we have a Sony remote control & I won't have to get up to change channels.  How spoiled we are!

Barb said JoAnna wanted the cooky recipes from Ladies Home Journal so I'm sending them.  I looked them over & decided to copy the Angel Thumbprints.  It sounds so good so I'll try them, but it makes a large amount of cookies -- 6 1/2 doz.  Maybe I'll halve the recipe.

The section to move the CD in & out didn't work -- you had to pull at it -- so Dale fixed it.  A spring was too tight & the oil had hardened.  It woks fine now.  I'll want to play Christmas CDs soon.

Mon nite.  I'll bring this to a close as Tues. I plan to go to the bank & have bills to mail so I'll get this off.

Was great to have you all here.







No comments:

Post a Comment