Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sunday, August 27, 2000


It's almost lunch time but I'll start a letter so I won't be tempted to try & put another piece of a puzzle together. This is a harder one with lots of darker tree colors so it's a slow process.  But a good one to make me think Y have patience.  I like things to move fast.

Last nite we went to Lar & Kim's for dinner.  At their camp.  Such a restful place with the trees, flowing water from lots of summer rains, & pretty flowers.  We got home about 9 pm in time for me to see the Mets get beat by Ariz. and for Barb and Dale to watch Nascar at Bristol, Tenn.

I bro't your letter for Kim to read.  She was anxious to hear about JoAnna & the convention.  They can really lift you up but at the same time it's good to get home & get some sleep & a more normal schedule.

Last nite we had steak, baked pot, corn on the cob & I bro't a salad & homemade rolls.  Kim made a fresh peach pie.  It was so good -- guess I should get ambitious & make one.

Teachers go to school Mon & Tues. & the kids go back on Wed.  Where has the summer gone.  It just goes too fast.

Hope your library cleaning problems are over.  Isn't it strange, but when you get a late or early A.M. telephone call you automatically think of a death.  We've had a couple of wrong numbers after all of us have gone to bed.

I almost forgot the Mets are on TV & I missed 20 min. while watching "How's That Made" on H&G.  I really enjoy listening to the Mets with Gary Thorne & Tom Seaver as announcers.  They make it so interesting with their humor & wit.  Sometimes Tom gets going on a spiel but I forget that when I like them so much.  They make me laugh.

No more visits from Kim & Torey during the week.  Kim was saying -- 3 gals go walking & Torey & they went to Betsy's house (your classmate) for coffee.  Torey went into his "pleas" or "begs" for food like he gets at Grandma's.  Cheese, ice cream & cooky or dog biscuits.  Kim tried to interest me in a part basset hound.  A lady she knows has to give him up -- it was her mother's who died -- but I'm not interested.  Not interested in visits to the vet -- don't' want my money going to the dogs!! Ha, ha.

I have to go to the bank this week to get next month's money.  I have a list as to how many 20s, 10s, etc. I'll need to make it come out right.  Sometimes it takes quite awhile for it to come out even.  Eventually I get it right.

I'm wondering if Andy is watching Tiger & golf on TV.  I'll switch once the baseball game is over & between innings.  Tiger is in a class of his own.  I bet the other golfers are happy when he takes a week or 2 off.

Kim stopped by -- Lar was busy.  Their house at camp is being eaten by squirrels -- they chew at the wood & ruining it so Lar wants to get cement shakes that look like wood to discourage them.  He'll do it himself.  They stayed overnite & were awakened by the varmints chewing the shakes.

I have golf on now but it has been delayed by rain.  Tiger has lot a couple of points but I'm sure he'll win.

Mets-Ariz. game was good.  Naturally Mets won.  On Fri. nite the Mets chased Johnson in the early innings -- they have his number.

Just made a milk shake for Dale to go with hamburgers & corn on the cob.  Barb & I ate earlier but Dale had a headache so he was taking it easy for awhile.

I'm watching golf & rooting for Phillip Price of Wales as then he'd make as much money as he did in his first 5 years of pro golf.  They are practically playing in the dark -- 8:15 our time & it gets earlier now that Fall is soon here.   I hope Andy was able to see the last few holes of the game as they were so exciting.  Both for Sutton & Tiger.

Aug. 29 - Tues.

It's 10:20 & I'm at the kitchen table watching Murder She Wrote.  I washed the kitchen floor & cleaned the bathroom & I'm thru for today.  Had my shower but it's a muggy day.

Back to the bathroom.  I keep my pail on the attic steps -- brought it out & was ready to fill it with water & I looked down and what did I see -- a bat but it was dead, but dead or alive I don't like them. Barb was still home so she took care of it.  And I cleaned the bathroom.

Want to get this to the mail box.


No comments:

Post a Comment