Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Saturday, December 9, 2000

Got your letter today & the pictures are good.  I like the 5 of us on the davenport.  The ones of the homes are beautiful.


I'm watching the bio of Stephen King on A&E & it is very interesting.

Barb & I went to Jamestown today but I couldn't find the shirt or hats the boys wanted.  Ron Dane for Andy & a Mets cap for Eddie.  I'll keep on looking but Western N.Y. is Buffalo country.  But I did find something I hope Andy will like.
























I have the gifts all wrapped & ready to mail on Monday.  One is a birthday gift for Eddie.

We put our tree up -- Dale set i up last nite -- and we decorated it today.  It is beautiful.  Very full & well formed.  We also have the porch lit up so it is "Christmasy" around here.  Now I have to warp gifts for this part of the family.

Haven't done any baking yet.  I do have some of my Christmas things around but not completely finished.  Most of my Christmas cards are on the way except for the local cards & Gen & Millie.  Need to write a letter for their cards.

Dale's computer came earlier this week.  But he needs a desk and he is getting the telephone line ready.  There is a connection in my bedroom & he can work from there.

When we were in one store today, I heard someone say "Hi Mom".  It was Kim & her neighbor Lois checking out.  She will have her pkg. to Wi. ready to mail on Mon.

I've enjoyed Stephen King bio but don't think I'd like his books.

Did you notice the ad in the paper for the new Blair home by Lar & Kim's place.  Over $800,000.00.  I cut it out to send to Ed & Gen.  The description is fabulous.  Marble floors, etc.  Guess they reached too high but who will buy it?

On Mon. Barb will take me to the post office on her way to work.  I'll go to the library & get some books.  Maybe that's a bad idea as once I get into a book it is hard to put it down.  I'll have to tell myself "First things first".

Had a card from friends in Auburn.  They celebrated their 50th anniversary in Sept so that must have been one of Dad's last wedding before we left Auburn.  It was a wedding you knew would last.  It was a fine family with 5 children.  Real good members.  When we were in Auburn for an anniversary of the church, long, long ago, we were to the young couple's home along with her parents & siblings.  Her sister was married to a state rep. so they were into politics.  I'm sure they are retired also.  Nice to have memories.

I'll add a little more this Sun. (10th) evening.  Dinner is over, dishwasher going & I'm resting, watching TV, have the tree lights on so I'll finish this & mail it Mon. when I go to the post office.

Have my gifts wrapped & need to put bows on them but that will be tomorrow.  Can't put too many gifts under the tree as we need a space to water the tree.  They'll be around the L.R. & D.R.

I hope to try that Thumbprint cooky from Ladies Home Journal.  Got a recipe form Kim last Christmas.  It has peanut butter, butter & powdered sugar.  Form into balls & chill.  Th en you dip them in melted choc.  They are very good.  More like a candy & pretty on a cooky platter.  Maybe I"ll start on Wed.

On the front page of Warren's newspaper they show snapshots taken by Warrenites.  I was thinking the one of the 5th Ave. bridge would be a good one to sen in.  I love the picture of Trey watching you cut the turkey & hoping for a taste.


Holder's house has been sold, Pat who bo't it a few years ago decided it was larger than she needed.  Haven't heard who the new neighbors will be.

Watching TV is taking over so I'll close with love to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment