Monday, May 20, 2013

Friday, July 9, 2004


I'm starting a letter early so I get the subject right.  Barb had a blood test today & her white blood cell count is low & that makes Barb's body defense against infection dangerous.  Tomorrow, Sat, she starts a series of 5 shots.  And to protect her from infection she can't go to the Mall or places where people are.

We went to the Mall but she stayed in the car.  On the way home we noticed Hatch Patch had fresh corn.  So I got some.  And yellow squash.  We have zucchini from the garden. Mixed they are so good.

I got my hair cut today & it feels so good to have it shorter.  Sheila was saying they are doing very good in their business.  With their own business almost a year old, they can see that Jerry wasn't very fair to his workers financially.  He is back doing haircuts  etc.  but isn't getting his former customers back.  He never bothered to let them know he was closing his shop.  Sheila & Sue "inherited" many of the customers & they choose to stay with S&^S. It's a dog eat dog world.

Are you as happy as Barb is with Kerry's choice of V.P. to be Edwards?  I mute ALL political ads.  Next in line is all the "Carb" ads.  The companies have to get on the band wagon & get more moola!

Barb has lost weight & hopes to stay at her present weight.

Did you notice the Mets might get a Cuban pitcher (if he passes his physical) & he could be ready before the end of the season.  23 years old.  Defected last year, I think.  They've agreed on a contract.

Kim was telling us about her sister in Fla.  She quit smoking & hopes it's for good.  She was smoking & blew smoke in her son's face.  He said, "Mom, you know I asked you not to blow smoke in my direction."  Both kids are anti smoke.  That nite her sister had a dream she quit smoking.  The next A.M. she had her coffee minus the cigarette.  She is keeping up on no smoking.  Kim hopes it really works this time.  Her husband smokes & wants to quit but he is overweight & wants to wait til he loses weight.


Sat. the 10th

In one week you'll be busy, busy, busy as well as the preceding 2 weeks.

We hope you'll be able to make it home.  I'm already dreaming about menus, etc  It is fun to make plans even if they don't come true.

My sleep schedule has changed.  I awaken around 5-6 A.M.  This A.M. I was up at 5:45. Got the table set & ready for breakfast.  I ate my cereal & decided to make coffee cake. Dale is on vacation this coming week but he said he could still have an A.M. snack.  Baked choc. chip cookies I started last nite & put the dough in the fridge.  Now I'm waiting for Dale to come so I can fix his Sat lunch.  Scrambled eggs, sausage links & English muffins.

Last Thurs I only had 3 dinner rolls & since it is a cooler day, I just set dinner rolls.  Have to bake when the weather is cool.  Suppose to warm up some.  T his summer is so much different for me.  Last year I was really lazy.  This year it is much easier to do my tasks.  Of course baking is fun work.  That fall must have done me in more than I realized.

Did the new furniture for the family room arrive.  You mention "and stretched out on the couch in the family room..."

I mentioned Dale is on vacation starting now.  He was asked if he'd like to go to school next Fri.  What was that person thinking?  Even if you don't  have special plans no one wants to give up a day of their vacation.  Naturally Dale said "No thanks!"

Mon. the 12th

Dale was up early as he needed to get a blood test before breakfast.  The Dr. tho't his cholesterol was a bit high & wanted to check.

Tues the 13th

I rained yesterday, really hard.  So Dale worked on his El Camino.  He's never finished it.

Today it is nice so this aft. he went to Jamestown.  Barb & I plan to go to Jamestown on Thurs.

Today Barb saw the Dr.  She didn't need the 5th shot.  Her blood is normal now.  She will have the 2nd chemotherapy on Wed. the 21st.  That way she'll have Mon. & Tues. if she wants to go to Bert's or Lynn's.  Bert called again last nite to see how Barb is.  S he isn't sure when she'll be home.  She is seeing her Dr. in NYC.

Kim & Lar won't be coming this Thurs. as they have other plans.

I started a puzzle -- a harder one.  I started it once & Barb finished it.  This time I'm sticking to it.  It is mostly tall tree trunks with red flowers at the base of the trees.  It will test my patience.  Barb is helping some.

Fri. A.M. the 16th.  Yesterday we went to the Mall in Jamestown or rather Lakewood.  Bon Ton was having a sale & I got a pr. of Capri pants & 3 tops, 1 was Barb's & had to wait in line at least 15 min. to pay for them.  Everyone as saying I don't really need anything but they stayed in line regardless.

Barb's hair is beginning to come out.  Now it will be more real when you lose your hair.

Lar & Kim want you to stay with them if you come.  Since Barb & I exchanged bedrooms there isn't much space there for bags, etc.  And for about 2 weeks Barb isn't that well & is in bed a lot.  But you would be here during the day for meals & we'd be together.  I want to see all of you as much as possible.

We've had so much rain.  Dale worked on his car & on a leak in the basement.  Not much time for sunning.  I hope these next 3 days will be nicer.

Hope your party had nice weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment