Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunday, June 6, 2004


Yesterday we were a lazy bunch.  I don't know why colds set me down on Sat. & Sun.  I'm not in church because of my cough.  Dale had a headache yesterday & Barb is taking it easy -- I think she overdid things by cleaning at Lynn's too soon.

That is interesting concerning the number 62 in your life.  I don't have a lucky number but life has been good to me.  Carl chose me & we had a good life together.  We were able to live in the great Northwest visiting in Seattle & Tacoma.  Then living in the plains county of Mont. Finally settling down in Warren.  I have no worries in retirement financially so I'm a pretty lucky person.  On top of that I have 2 lovely daughters-in-law & 2 "great" grandsons.  What more could I ask for -- maybe 2 more in-laws, one female, on male! And of course 4 wonderful children.  What more could I ask for.

I guess the Minn. wedding trip turned out to be an expensive one.   You made it more interesting by going to the The Mall of America & the Zoo.

Larry called -- they had heard from Charles & they changed their plans & will stop on the way back from Syracuse.  It will be Wed, June 23.  Larry suggested we go out for dinner.  They will stay overnite with Lar & Kim.  I want to ask Charles if they sold the house in Beloit. I wouldn't think they'd want it left vacant.  That area has gone down in value.

It is suppose to warm up this week -- in the 80's.  It has been cold for this time of the year. I'm wearing a sweater to stay warm & here it is June.

I'm hoping the strawberries will be ripe by the middle of June.  Then I could fix strawberry shortcake & we could have it after we go out to eat on the 23rd.  That way Charles & Sandy (is that right) could be here for awhile.

Yesterday we watched the horse race to see if "Smarty Jones" could win the Triple Crown. He couldn't, but it was exciting.



I'll be eagerly waiting for more excerpts from "the books about the N.Y. Mets, of all things!" You are privileged, special, etc. etc. to read about such a worthy subject, The Mets!!  I recognized all the names of that worthy bunch!  Think I have that year book of the Mets -- or one of that group.  Wonder why he chose the Hooter waitresses or singled them out.  Aren't they mostly a southern concern.  Must be the short skirts.

When I saw the Dr. I got a good report.  Blood work good, blood pressure very good.

We went to the library & I got another book "The Edge of Town" by Dorothy Garlock.  Setting -- small Missouri town after W. War I.  Excellent.  Took one that looked interesting "Cold Day in July" by Stella Cameron but  I'm not sure I'm going to like it.  Had to get interested in.


We're watching golf in Ohio -- Jack Nicklaus' tournament.  The cicadas are so noisy over the TV.  A regular hum.  It bothers Barb but you can't do anything to stop it.  You could mute it but then you miss the "flavor" of the tournament.

Mon the 7th

I've finally warmed up.  After lunch, we went grocery shopping.  Finally all is put away & I'm watching my "soaps".

Barb has 3 Drs. to see.  One this aft. concerning the breast.  Next Mon. to check on the operation & I'm not sure when she see the 3rd Dr.  She received a card from Ruth written by Mim.

Barb will be starting kemo soon.  They wanted her to start Fri. but she wanted a little more time after having her ovaries out.  They are hoping the kemo will shrink the tumor & then they could get it out, if necessary without taking the breast.  They do it a different way now.  From what she said they don't use the veins but implant something & the kemo entered that way. She can't drive after having kemo.  Lar or Kim will help.

When Dale came home from work he said "Oh hum."  I said what's wrong.  "Guess I'm getting old,"  He isn't so "gung ho" about cars anymore.  He wants a new muffler for the Monte Carlo but he has a hard time getting started.  He ordered some mufflers but returned them.  Said they were junk.  Think he found some he likes.

Thus. June 10

They have local strawberries at Hatch Patch, so we're having shortcake tonite.

We had 2 days of hot weather.  Today it's cloudy & humid but cooler.  These are hard menu days.  It was Dale's long day yesterday   I made salads with tuna & that was enough after a hot day.  He had waffles, sausage & scrambled eggs for lunch.

Tomorrow Barb & I will be going to Jamestown.  Probably the last time for awhile as the kemo should start soon.

My 3 new rose bushes are blooming & they are beautiful.  2 different red (one more pinkish) & a light apricot   Gorgeous!  Did you try dahlias this year.  We have the small ones in pots & I like them a lot.  Wine & a rosy pink colors.  Barb plants lettuce in pots & one tomato plant in a pot.  4 others in the ground.

I'm feeling sad for myself -- since I had the cold, cough in Apr., why do I have it in June. It wakes me up during the nite.  Cough medicine helps but I Hope it goes away soon.  They only difference, I didn't lose my voice in Apr.  It's OK now.

I'm watching Braves vs. Detroit.  When I started watching, the Braves were in the lead.  By the end of the 7th, it's Detroit 7, Atlanta 4.  Keep it up Detroit.  If the Mets can't win I don't want Atl. to win!  An aft. game.  Rain out Wed pm.  I was wrong.  Today's game was scheduled for 1 pm

Torey is still here.  Lar had work to do & Kim went out with teh girls.  Gen called again  to ask about Barb.

No comments:

Post a Comment