Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Monday, July 17, 2004


By now you should be over the big party & things are normal again. I know it was a great success.

I always read the USA Today state's news & saw a familiar name in Wisc. news.  Jon Erpenbach -- he introduced a bill to increase the fine on unwanted calls -- for ads, etc.

Barb is really losing her hair.  They have head coverings at the Cancer Center but Barb didn't car for the.  She got some materials & made 3.  They are really nice.  She will be bald soon. Lynn gave her a wig but Barb thinks it's a shade too light.  She bro't it to the beauty shop & they will see if they can darken it a bit.  She also had her hair cut short so there won't be so much hair around.

The roof at church has been shingled & is ready for the steeple.  It has to be painted first so it will be a couple of weeks.  We need rainless weather.  One of the members will paint it. People in the area miss the steeple.

The pastor told us she received an "arrest paper".  In Aug. she goes to "jail" at the Holiday Inn for an hour.  She asked for people to bail her out for muscular dystrophy.  She doesn't know who suggested her name but she's willing to help for a good cause.  I'm sure members will donate.  I will.

We've really have had some loud thunder blasts.  The A.M. one sounded like it was over the house.  I thought something was falling down.

The Buff. paper had a review of Sue Grafton's new book.  It sounds interesting, tho I haven't read any of her latest ones.

I sent, rather called in an order to Penneys.  For a sweater, & 2 tops.  I did it finally as of the 20th I could get free postage on an order of $25.00.  A cardigan sweater.  Getting ready for fall.  Also hope to find a suit -- maybe in Jamestown.

From 3-5 pm Perry Mason is on TV.  Most of the time you'll find me watching it.

Wed. the 21st

Barb is having treatment this A.M.  She had to be there at 9 A.M.  Kim picked her up.

I got the garbage ready & made applesauce from apples in the fridge   It was that or in a week or so, throw them out.  My "thrifty" side said "make applesauce".  Then I washed the floor.  Now I'm taking it easy before lunch.

Yesterday we got groceries & went to the Mall & CVS.  Both of us needed meds.  Barb has to take pills before & after her treatment.

Barb appreciated your card.  At a time like this cards help.

The elec. panel for the security system at Bert's must have been hit by lightning -- it was only a year old.  Mon. Barb was at her house from 8-12 waiting for a man to check it out. Ditto Tues. for the man to repair it.  Now Bert doesn't know when she'll be back as her eyes are bothering her.  She said she wants to drive when she's back in Warren but Barb thinks her driving days are over.


I always enjoy reading your library newsletter.  The library has a lot to offer.  I don't think our library has special activities for teens.  Barb wanted videos for when she is in bed so we went to the library last nite.  I got 3 books -- 2 by Sandra Brown & 1 by Catherine Coulter.  I might have read one of the Brown novels but they are very rereadable.  I didn't write down one new authors's and & now I can't remember it (her name) & it won't come back.  2 extra words -- a bad habit.

Barb was up for awhile, then went to bed.  Later she wanted a milkshake but it didn't stay down.

I fixed spaghetti & meat balls for supper.  Frozen meatballs.  Asked Dale how he liked them. Not so good -- not as good as last time.  They were meatballs I made.  What a surprise. They were a little spicy but I didn't think they were bad at all.

It's finally hot weather.  But we can't complain as so far we've had a cool summer & summer is about half over.  One more week in July then Aug. & nites get cooler in Sept.

Lar & Kim will fly to Fla.  They'll only go for 4 days but it gives them time to spend with her niece & nephew.  Never can remember which letter comes first in niece, I or E.

I started reading Best Kept Secrets by Sandra Brown.  Set in Texas & I'm enjoying it.

Thurs the 22nd

Kim & Lar were here for dinner  & then Lar & Dale installed a new Hunter Fan in Barb's room. The old fan was too noisy.  It's a nice one, the new one.

Tomorrow Kim will take me to my hair appt.  I had told Sheila I wouldn't be there this week, but Kim called to tell me she'd take me.  I know she has a busy schedule so if I miss a hair appt. that is OK.

Barb's recovery after chemo this time is much better than 3 weeks ago.  She is keeping food down & is up more.  She has to get a shot to help her blood -- so it stays normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment