Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thursday, July 29, 2004


Here it is Thurs & I'm just starting a letter.  Sheila is going to the King of Prussia Mall tomorrow so I had my hair done today.  They are so busy they're working til 10 pm.  They hate to turn anyone away.  Last Sat. they had to turn down 3 perms.  They are looking for another girl.  Interviewed 2 girls but found them wanting.

Today Larry & Kim are going to a soccer game in Pittsburgh with another couple.  They will stay overnite & be home by noon tomorrow.  Betsy Griffin will take care of Torey -- also when they go to Fla.

Yesterday we went to the library & I got 2 books.  Finished Lavyrle Spencer's book Separate Beds & it was a good book.  Also got Some Pleasure There to Find by Elizabeth Rossiter. No good.  Then I went to the bank to cash a check & to Bilo's.

I sure hope that we will have less rain in Aug.  We need sunshine to dry things up.  Even the veggies aren't growing.

My order from Penney's came & I'm pleased.

Barb gets so sock from the chemo, that she decided to give it up, come what may.  I don't know what to think but it is her decision.  I don't like it, but what can I do.  Hope it's not a mistake.

I've written about Dale fixing the leak in the basement.  We had a heavy rain this past week &^ no water.  So it is fixed.  Now he's painting the wall.  It is to the 4 of you advantage to keep the house in good order & Dale is doing his part.

Yesterday Ted Benson called.  He & Pat would be in Warren & wondered if I'd go out to lunch with them.  I never say no.  We went to Perkins & had a nice visit.  She is in her 70's but had to have a hysterectomy but all is well.  No cancer.  She did have a lump removed from her breast 17 years ago.  She gets real upset when she has to see a Dr.  In the car she said "I can feel my blood pressure going down."  Next time they come to Warren, I'd like them to come to lunch here.  They always pay for my lunch.

I wrote a letter to Ruth to enclose in a birthday card.

Fri. A.M. 7:30.  All is quiet here.  Dale is at work & Barb is still in bed.  I just read the lessons for Sun. I like to think how the pastor might preach on the Gospel.

Just made a menu for when Pat & Ted come to lunch -- probably in Sept.  Half the fun for me is the planning.

The new bridge is 10-14 days behind its schedule due to all the rain & they had to open the Dam to release waters & that didn't help.  Maybe a nice fall, hopefully, will help.  Suppose to open the middle of Nov.  21st, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment