Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Monday, June 28, 2004


I'll tell you why I'm thankful for strawberries!  Barb picked 4 qts.  2 for her & 2 for me to make straw. jam.  I got the jars ready, looked for lids & of course I'd forgotten to write it on my grocery list.  I saw I had a pkg but didn't really check.  So I got my berries ready, washed jars, etc. & then noticed the lids were for qts.  So I decided I'd have to walk over town & get some after lunch.  Went to the post office, to Crones to see if they carried canning supplies. They didn't.  Then I cashed a check for July exp., walked to BiLo & got my lids & 3 glazed donuts & a cup of coffee & rested a bit.  I divvied my money into budget envelopes, changed my clothes & started making jam.  Got 6 pints.  It's so much better than store bot.  I've been afraid to walk over town because of the time my knees buckled.  Today I was forced to face the monkey on my back & now I know I can do it.  I'm really happy over that.

Kim called around 2 pm to say Barb called.  She was scheduled for 9:30 kemo but she was about to start around 2.  Others were ahead of her, but why did she have to be there so early.

I did my regular chores today & have supper simmering on the stove.  Chop suey.  And I feel good.

Barb felt pretty good when she came home.  They found cancer in the lymph nodes but it hasn't gotten into the bone.  She had a catalog from the cancer society to order a wig & head coverings.  It takes about 2 weeks to start losing her hair.  After a couple of days she can drive.

I'm so happy for Cyndi & Albert and the new baby.  They waited a long time & now they have Joseph.

Tues. June 29

I'm moving slower this A.M.  After a shower I made my bed with clean sheets & have a load in the washer.

I overslept this A.M.  Woke up at 4:44 A.M., turned over & went back to sleep.  When I looked again it was 5:48 & Dale was already in the shower.  Didn't hear him get up.  Barb will take it easy today.  I'll work my 1000 pc puzzle & be quiet for awhile, meaning take it easy.

Wed. last day of June

Barb still isn't feeling good.  Can't keep food down -- not even medicine.

Lar called & Kim won't be coming Thurs. because she's working on her garage sale for Fri.

Dale got a $300.00 catalogue gift certificate from work.  He had to decide on something by the end of June.  He ordered a camera & I'm enclosing a sheet about it.  He showed it to me & I tho't you'd be interested.

I finished my puzzle today.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  And I didn't lose any pieces.

July 1

Barb feels a little better today.  I told her she should be up more but she didn't take my advice.

Kim was telling us about a party at Bones Blair's former house (estate) next to them.  They always have a 4th of July party -- fireworks, etc.  Kim & Lar's friends Dr. Jay & Nancy are always invited but never attend.  This year the Dr. thinks they should.  They've heard at the end of the party they exchange mates & "enjoy" themselves.  Nancy said to Kim, "if that happens I'm coming over to your place & watch soccer."  Lar & Kim are out there overnite. So that's how the "other half live!"  The host is a Dr. as well.  Came here from Pittsburgh.

Dale just came home for the Danish for his potluck at work.  He says they're all on "carbs" diets trying to lose weight.  But one of the gals there, Sherry, will take any leftover rolls.  She'd like me to make some for her, but I'm not getting into that.  I was up at 5 A.M. to get started.  Also make a strawberry pie & got the garbage out.  When I work, I work & when I'm lazy I'm really lazy so it evens out.

Dale doesn't work tomorrow, Fri, so he will take me to get my hair done if Barb isn't better.

Barb said she's feeling better & is able to keep food down.

I'm watching tennis.  Interesting matches.

Look for obit on Billie Foster. Said stepson Mike F. preceded her in death.



No comments:

Post a Comment