Friday, March 30, 2012

Sunday, December 17, 2000



We had rain during the night and this AM most of the snow was gone & temp. 45.  During the day the temp started going down & now -- 7:05 pm it is trying to snow & we have a strong wind.

Was lazy & ordered pizza for supper.  Have my Christmas Eve & Christmas breakfast & dinner planned but find it hard to plan for the other days in the week.

In church 5 high school girls played the prelude & offertory on clarinet & tenor sax.  They played Christmas carols & it was a good job.

I think Larue & Marie Whipple were were in your class, Paul.  Marie & 2 daughters are members but not her husband.  He was in church with her today as the 2 daughters played the clarinet.  Maybe he will become interested.  They live on Verbeck.

Because of weather they have already lost 2 days of school due to the roads.   Either slippery or too much blown snow in the outskirts of the county.


Got a card from cousin Larry & Debbie.  Shows a picture of their 3 children.  Nice looking kids.   Planned to call Millie last nite but got interested in a library book, so I'll do it tonite.  I call her every once in awhile.  Call Gen oftener.

I took time out to call Millie.  She started a cold & took it easy today & would go to bed early, so I'm glad I called early.  She has her family Christmas Eve but she is ready.  Gifts wrapped & meal planned.  They eat at 1 pm so that makes for a busy morning.

The 4 new channels are on already but they are still advertised for the 18th, Mon.  I'm already enjoying the Food Channel & Barb likes Fox Sports Channel as then she see Pittsburgh Penguins.  She's happy Mario Lamioux (sp) is returning as a player-owner.  Lot of tickets were sold after that announcement.

Millie received your Christmas Card & liked the picture.  I'm anxious to see it!

Millie said Gen is slipping.  It's hard for her to plan & get a meal ready on time for company.  She always wants to invite Frank & he is so hard to handle as he needs so much help -- is heavy & won't help himself.  So she won't invite him anymore.  It's too upsetting & he wants to eat as soon as he gets there & then wants to leave. It's hard for him to eat & not anything you want at a dinner but still Gen felt she had to invite him.  I find it hard to believe she can be such a great office manager & such a poor home manger.  I'm the opposite!!


Christmas Eve we'll have pork loin roast.  I'm not good on Swedish food.  One the food channel today, they presented different types of holiday celebrations.  One was a dessert from a Southern home.  They made a dessert -- pound cake & I wrote down the recipe.  Put a custard sauce over it & a dollop of whipped cream.  Looked so good & hot hard to prepare.  I might try it.

Christmas Day I plan to have a beef loin roast.  Plan to try a new recipe -- a maple pecan pie.  Calls for 1 c. maple syrup.  Sounds good to me.

Dale gets a turkey from work & thought I'd have that New Years Day.  He also got a $400.00 bonus.  Last year was $700.00.  He's been shopping again.  Bot 2 lamps with Tiffany like shades.  Made in China.  Very pretty.  Where he'll use them, I don't know.  His "hope chest"!

Mon A.M.

Barb wants to go to the mall t his aft. so I'll get to mail this.  Also want to get a card off to Elsie Yaegle who had thyroid surgery last week.

I know your Christmas will be wonderful.





No comments:

Post a Comment