Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thursday, October 17, 1996

I can't find the article of the Milwaukee renewal project but you'll find out if you go there next Thurs.

Barb is on vacation the next 2 weeks as Lynn & family are going to Fla to visit her bro. & sister & parents.   They're renting one of those vans with T.V. V.C.R. etc. so that should help.  Figure it will take 2 days to get there.

Careys are at their Fla. condo for the month of Oct.  Every time they go away their house alarm goes off.  This time I wasn't home as I usually alert Lar so the Co. called him.  We have they key & Lar has to turn it off.  Luckily he heard the phone ring.  Police come, too.

Connaro - Mary and Hal - live on East Street now, near Pa ave in that big white house & Lar has done some planting for them.  We won't eat til 6 pm as he wants to work later as it gets dark so much earlier now.  No problem for me.  But I'd better start getting busy so I'll finish later.

USA comments on baseball are interesting concerning the Mets & Yankee fans.  The fans hate each other.  I'm not sure if I'll root for the Braves as their announcers are so biased now, if they win again they'll be impossible to listen to.  Have you heard Joe Morgan is an analyst on NBC.  I think he is great.  I like him & Jon Miller on ESPN Sun nite baseball.

I'll finish this - it looks like St. Louis will be finished if the rest of the game is like the 1st inning.

Forgot to mention Roland called on Dad's birthday.  Signe is with them for a month & she wanted to talk to Dad.  It was 10:30 our time & he was asleep.  I was watching baseball.  Talked with Roland a bit.  Lindsay plays soccer & Eric referees the Sat. soccer games & earns some money that way.  Mentioned he hadn't talked to you for a long time.

Stella called.  Dan, Barbara & 4 of the kids are in Fla.  Barb has been gone 3 months & Dan was to go for 3 weeks & has been gone for 5 so far & Stella has heard nothing.  One son & wife are living in the house in I.M.  They just had a baby.  Wonder if they'll go to Fla.  Dan was driving school bus & working at Walmarts.

We heard from Lila & she wonders if we could visit them.  I don't think they realize how sick he is & can't travel.  They probably think I am holding him back.  I'd go in a minute if Dad was able.

The pastor came today to give Dad communion.  When it was over Dad cried - he feels bad he can't get to church & this A.M. he didn't feel that good.  I think next time it will have to be in the aft. as it takes time to get going.  I'm just glad he can be home.

Dale is getting ready to eat - he worked late tonite.  Glad for the microwave.

P.S.  There is a SOLD sign on Johnson's house but no sign of anyone doing anything - moving in, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment