Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunday, March 2, 1997

My cold is much better but I think Dad has it now.

Saw in the paper that Mr. Van Volkenburg died.  He was 72.  He had been ill for some time but I don't know what it was.

Last Thurs. Bensons, Hollertzs, and Forstroms were here for lunch & as usual we had a great time.  Warren is preparing a paper to read at Ridgway's Historical Society & he found an interesting tho't.  When their church was founded by the Swedes they named it The English Lutheran Evangelical Bethlehem Church.  When the next generation were the leaders they officially renamed it The Svenska -----Church.  The new Swedes wanted to be "Americanized", their children wanted to go back to their roots.  In Warren's time they changed it back legally to the first name.

Bensons just came back from a trip to visit friends in Texas & Fla.  In June they are going to Sweden for a 3 week trip.

Signs of spring are appearing.  I haven't seen a robin yet but some people have.

We arranged for an electrician to put in a new elec. box.  But they have to wait for warmer weather.  I think I'm repeating myself but my mind seems to be blank in trying to write a letter.  I'm watching a Claudette Colbert war movie & that doesn't help.  Joel McCrae is in it but I don't know the title as it had already started when I put it on.  Barb & Dale are watching Nascar racing & Dad is asleep in his chair.

Now it's Fri the 7th & I want to finish this so I can mail it tomorrow.

My cold is much better but I did something to my back - lifted wrong or something.  Have had the heating  pad on it so that helps.

The materials for our kitchen floor were delivered.  Don't know when Lar will work on it.

Kim & Lar got the tile for their kitchen & yesterday Lar got most of it glued on.  Just the part left where the tiles must be cut to fit.  He said it looks nice.  They also got the hard wood for the floor & kit. bar.  But I don't remember what kind it is.  So that part of the house will be ready for summer entertaining.  Only the 2 bedrooms to finish.

Today is Lila's 85th birthday.  We plan to call her a little later.

We got a bit of snow overnite & the roads were slippery so school was delayed 2 hours.  It was a sunny day, for a change, so a lot of snow melted.

Gen called recently - have you heard from her.  She got the returned cancel check for Andy, but not Eddie's so she wondered if it was lost.  If so, she'll send another one.  She said she'd write to find out.

Johnny was in Texas for the Company he works for.

Larry G. has to go to Las Vegas for a convention & he wants to take his 10 yr. old son & wants Millie to come so she can care for him when Larry is at meetings.  It might be this weekend.  They'll leave on Fri. so they'll have Sat & Sun free & the mtgs are Mon & Tues. & they'll be home Wed.  Millie doesn't like to fly but they should have a good time.

Time to watch TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment