Friday, September 9, 2011

Saturday, November 9, 1996

I can't sleep anymore so I'll write letters.  Winter is suppose to come this weekend.  We had snow flurries last Sat & Sun & then it warmed up during the week.

Paul I forgot to congratulate you for becoming V Pres/Pres elect of the Wi Lib. Assoc.  That is wonderful.  We are proud of you.



Dale has been on vacation this week - worked on his stereo speakers & in the basement.  He got his eyes checked for new contacts.

Barb was home Fri as she didn't feel good -- diarrhea.

We finally saw the Dr.  Dad's aches & pains are related to Parkinson's & there's not much help.  I saw the Dr. female asst. & I liked her a lot.  She did more explaining.  Had to have a blood test & she called with the results & things are good.  They have to check on the cholesterol medication to see if it is harming the kidney, etc. but all is well.

My Christmas Club check came & Barb & I started our Christmas shopping & yesterday I started wrapping some gifts.  After Thanksgiving, I'll put the tree up.  Am looking forward to that.

Signe called yesterday & wants a picture of Dad taken in 1973 - the year Joyce got married.  Reason - Carl was the only one not there for a sister-bro picture & she wants one of Carol to add to the picture.  I wouldn't know where to look.  I said maybe Genevieve or Charles would have one taken around the '70s.

John Pearson was 35 on the 4th of Nov.

Johnson's house has been sold but they haven't moved in yet.  A younger couple with a boy around 4, I'd say & maybe one a little older.  They've taken out the old rugs, raked leaves & I'm sure there is a lot of work to be accomplished before they move in.

Bo't my Christmas stamps yesterday - got them early as I want the one you don't have to "lick".  Don't have any cards, tho.  Will have to look around.

Elections are over & also the bad ads on T.V.  Thank goodness - some were real nasty.  The next Pres election is 2000 - hope I'm around to see 2000 come in.

Guess I'll see if the paper is here.  Just a note to let you know we're thinking of you & love all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment