Thursday, September 22, 2011

Saturday, April 12, 1997

It's a cold rainy day & I had to walk to get my hair done.  It's Dale's Sat. to work & Barb is taking care of Scott while Lynn & Bob are away for the weekend.

Kim talked to Ann Lesser this past week & Ann mentioned the new Lib. director is a man but she didn't say his name.  Ann is thru the end of Apr. & the new dir. comes near the end of May.

I got a book The Cousins by Rona Jaffe but it didn't appeal to me so I didn't finish reading it.  Now I'm reading The Daughter of Cain by Colin Dexter & I'm enjoying it. 

Just wrote a note to Millie who will celebrate her 82nd birthday the 17th.  Millie, Gen, & Edith (Ed's sister) usually go out to lunch at a nice place on birthdays.

Next Tues. I'll be able to watch the Mets on ESPN when they celebrate Jackie Robinson Day.  Baseball has gotten off to a bad start in some areas with all this lousy weather we've been having.  And the Cubs haven't won a game as of the 12th of Apr.  The Mets are a little better!!!  Not much.

Barb didn't look forward to this weekend with Scott.  He is such a rascal.


Thanks for the letter & the pictures.  What a wonderful week you had.  Enjoyed the descriptions of it all & know it was an experience you'll all treasure for a long time.  What a great experience for Andy & Eddie.

I'm watching "The Brian Piccolo Story" & it sure is a touching one.  Because of that I'm not getting much written.

Dale had a nice birthday this past week.  He managed to get home for a 6 pm dinner.  Talk about someone dedicated to his job.  That's about all he does now.  His "summer" car is now being given some repair & a new paint job.  Some of the floor was being eaten away & will be replaced.  At first Dale wondered if it would be worth the money.  But the fellow doing the work said he could do it so Dale agreed.


We are enjoying the Masters Golf on T.V.  I'm hoping Tiger Woods goes all the way.  What a beautiful golf course.

Soon time for lunch.  Barb & Scott just came by.  Will finish later.

Barb said Scott went to be at 9:30 pm and slept thru til 6:30 am.  This A.M. she took Marisa to her cousin's & she'll sleep overnite.  So Barb just has Scott.  She'll be home Sun. aft.

Oh yes, Paula Carey called Fri. to let me know she'll want the house key between 7-8 pm Sun. nite.  She's coming alone, why I don't know, except perhaps he hasn't taken his Pa. law exam.  She starts a new job Mon. A.M. at one of the banks.


Barb & Scott just stopped again.  They went to the Mall to break up the monotony.

Even on Sat. Dale doesn't get home too early & then he's gone to Seaman's to look for car parts.  It's also different with Barb gone & it would be pretty lonesome if we were alone.  So I'm glad Barb & Dale are home with us.

At 2:15 T.B.S comes on with Atlanta vs. Chicago.  I can't stand the Atl. announcers but I'll tone down the audio.  Then golf at 3:30 & that is interesting.  It's time for Chic. to win its first game.  Hope the weather is O.K.

I'm written out.  Things are pretty good with Dad.

P.S.  For Andy & Eddie Cady's store over town sells the Beanie Babies.  They had some this week & sold out fast.  Next time I'll try to get over & get one for each of you.  Any special one you'd like.  Tell your Dad & he can write it in a letter or you can tell me when we talk on the telephone.  Love you, Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment