Friday, September 2, 2011

Monday, June 3, 1996

It's a dark & dreary A.M. with a drizzly rain which is good for the plants but makes me lazy.  Altho I did clean the basement shower & have the shower curtains in the washing machine.  Also wrote a note for June's birthday card.  Will get this written & then a cup of coffee & to the bank.  I'm reading "The Property of a Lady" by Eliz. Adler.  It's so good.

We've had a nice week.  Both Sat & Sun. Dad & I sat on the porch watching those birds trying to build a nest in our Fuchsia plant.  I've tried to discourage them by putting straws & my windmill thing in the plant.  They sing loud songs of dissent.

Haven't written for awhile so I don't think I'm repeating myself - Walter Johnson died & was buried last Tues. (May).  They were all home & Bev is still here - think she has the responsibility of the estate.

Last week of school & Kim will be happy.

Got my check share of the insurance form Edna's estate & it went into the bank for the work on the house.  We pay 1/2 when he starts work & the rest upon completion.  Hope it will be in July.

Katherine & I got our part written for the church anniv. & I typed it up so am happy that is out of the way.  Next big project is to go to the bank & get our insurance policies out of the safety deposit box & add Lar's name to who can to into the SD box.  I've never done this so it will be a big hurdle for me.

For some time I've had a tooth with a lost filling but it didn't pain and I finally called for an appt. & it was taken care of last Fri.  Slowly things are getting accomplished.

Barb painted the clothes line poles in the back yard & the tire for flowers a cream color.  It looks so nice.  She planted petunias in the tire.  I have my flowers in pots by the garage & I enjoy looking at them while at the sink.

Last Thurs (lucky Lar wasn't around) the hot water in the sink wouldn't shut off - had to shut it off under the sink.  Lar looked at it & decided we needed another one.  This time I said I want one with separate hot & cold water handles & Kim said and a high curved spigot & Lar got a nice one at Howe's Ace Hardware & put it in Sat. nite after he finished his extra work.  It is so nice & Dad likes it - he is the one that like the single spigot - thinks it's easier to adjust the mixtures of water.   I like them but not at the kitchen sink .  This one works so easily.  The other one wasn't that old but it was hard to turn the spigot from one sink to the other.  I'm happy.

Here comes Barb & Scott.  She drove our van & Scott loves that.  The Audi broke down last Sat.


Packin up at the end of the day.  (Teacher's caption.)

Looking at pond creatures with Alex.

Our pond walk with the Naturalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment