Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sunday, January 5, 1997


Again I'm ready for church but it's too early so I'll start a letter.  It's raining hard & I hope it lets up a bit.

After you left I went back to bed for awhile & slept.  Had more ambition & got washing don e& upstairs cleaned.  On Fri. I took the tree down & cleaned downstairs so I'm back on schedule.

Sat. Larry put up the new storm door & it is great.  So much stronger than the one we had.  And it stores the screen so it will be easy to change when spring comes.


Had a late card from a friend in Mpls. & she said they've already had 40.5" of snow.  And I see more has come to Mn.

Sat was an exciting day football wise.  We enjoyed the Gr. Bay game & was glad they won.  Such mud!  Wouldn't care to launder those uniforms.  The next game was even more exciting - who ever thought Denver would get beat.  I'm sure everyone tho't they'd be in the Super Bowl.  More excitement this aft.   Hope Pitts. can win.


Kim stopped by Fri. nite with Taury & the first thing Taury did was to hunt for the boys - but no Andy or Eddie.

I have the "forgotten" articles boxed & ready to mail.  Hope to get it mailed Monday - mailed to the library.


Today I'm wearing a dress I ordered from Penney's.  Since we don't eat out anymore I hasn't been worn yet. It's my favorite style - shirt waist, button down the front.  A dark med. blue - I'm ready to call in an order from the new catalog & it will include a dress for spring - Easter.  Again a print shirt waist but with a pleated skirt.  A jade print color instead of blue.  They have those adjustable waist slacks for 19.95 so I think I'll try a pair.  If you order before a Feb. date you can get a 15% discount.  Catalogue shopping is easier for me & I'm satisfied with the goods.  Have them sent by UPS.


Dad is watching a Lutheran service from Erie - 9-10 AM & then Dr. Kennedy from Fla. comes on & he watches that.  Not the same as being in church but the next best thing.  He falls asleep too easily & I think people would overwhelm him - if he went to church, as much as he'd like to be there.

It was great to have you home once again & to meet Cyndi & to see Albert again.  I hope they will swoon announce a baby on the way.


Thanks again for everything.  I loved the cookies & everything you gave us, esp. the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment