Sunday, August 14, 2011

Friday, October 27, 1995

Thanks for your letter.  I have a good start on Christmas - Bon Ton has had some great sales.  Really need ideas for Paul & JoAnna..

To celebrate the Bicentennial they will put an engraved brick walk in front of the theater.  Engraved names in blocks for 75.00 a brick.  Plan to get one for Dad & am thinking of getting one with Andy & Eddie Nelson on it.

I bought a paperback finally.   K is for Killer by Sue Grafton.

Also got a book by Sara Paretsky at the library, "Guardian Angel" & now I found I've already read it.  Also got "Texas Rich" by Fern Michaels & "The Nightingale Legacy" by Catherine Coulter, a newer book at the library.  If I couldn't read, life would be drab.

Went to the dentist for a cleaning & check & had 1 cavity & got it filled last Mon.  Next Mon. I get my yearly physical, which was postponed from a Sept date.

We are enjoying the World Series.  I stayed up to the end of the 11 inning game.  12:45 AM, our time.

Don't care for the TV set up - for the play offs & the 2 channels having to share.  Prefer A.B.C. but they talk too much to suit me.  I put together 2 puzzles while watching the games.  Prefer to be doing something as I watch.

When Barb first started bringing Scott here for a cooky, he was shy.  Now he comes in with a big "hi" & leaves with "goodby".  He is talking much more.

Barb wants to take Fri. Nov. 3rd off & she & will go to the Erie Mall to shop.

Stella is home from the hospital.  Did OK after the operation.  But the Dr said she'd either have to go to a nursing home or to Dan's for awhile, so she is with Dan & family.  Naturally she hopes to get to her own apt as soon as possible.

Signe is at Lila's this weekend as Carolyn will be at her college reunion.  Ruth called to let us know about Stella & told us about Signe.

Now it's Sat A.M., Nov. 4th & I'll finish this.

When talking about books, forgot to mention I bot "Chicken Soup for the Soul"  and have enjoyed reading the different stories by various people.  They are inspirational.

I had my yearly physical & all is well.  Visited the dentist, had 1 cavity & got it taken care of.  Got my eyes examined & just had 1 little change in my right eye.  He said my eyes are in fine shape, couldn't believe I was 75 & that whatever I was doing to keep it up.

Yesterday Barb & I went to Erie.  She drove & we had no problems - she is a good driver.  We went to a new dept store Kohl's & it is nice.  Ate at The Olive Garden & really enjoyed it.  T hen to Barnes & Noble Book Store.  Fun to look there.  Next Stop Toys R Us & we had fun there & just about finished the boys' shopping there.  (If only it were that easy to shop for their parents!!)   We weren't in the Mall for long as it was nearing 3 pm & we wanted to be on our way home.  Time went just too fast, but so much fun.

I was in bed by 10 pm & up at 6:30 A.M. as I couldn't sleep any longer.   Dad gets a hair cut this A.M. & then Barb & I will go to our Mall for a couple of things and get groceries.

We're having our first snowflakes this A.M.  Yesterday we were lucky, we had sunshine but you could feel it getting colder.

Finally met our new neighbors.  Halloween I made double batch of Danish & bro't over 8 & introduced myself.  The next day I got a nice note from her.  Al & Pat Herrera, Kyle & Alyssa.  We just talked at the door a few minutes.  In the card she said when she is "more settled we'd love to have you over".

Bob & Lynn bro't Marissa & Scott here for trick 'n' treat & I had 8 rolls for them.  And Lar stopped in after raking at Carey's & he got some rolls.  I'm known for something - my rolls!  Better than nothing!

Kim will be glad when 5 pm comes as then she will have completed more credits toward her master's degree.  Thurs nite after they left here, she had to complete a paper for this.  A new Sam's (WalMart) opened in Lakewood so they'll go out to eat & then shop there, etc.

Dale got a V.C.R. for his room & also bot & installed a garbage disposer for our sink.  Old one wore out.  All is well here.


No comments:

Post a Comment