Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday, February 10, 1996

Received the letter & pictures on Fri.   Those boys are so adorable.  Wish we were closer to help baby sit.  (Need a new expression - maybe just plain sit.)

I'm set to go to Joyce's birthday party, but it's too early so to fill the time I'll write letters.  I got her "Chicken Soup for the Soul" #2.  I really enjoy my copies.  Got #2 in case she already had #1.

Nascar racing starts the 18th so we'll be watching the #3 car of Dale Earnhardt.  Then spring training & soon we'll be watching our favorite teams play.  Wonder who will rise to the top.

Barb went to Jamestown - I planned to go & then Dad had a hair cut at 11 A.M. so that meant a later start & I didn't feel like rushing around when I'm going out.

Next Wed - Valentines - Hollertzs, Bensons if they aren't away & we can reach them & Ray Forstrom's from Youngsville* so we'll be 8.  Plan a chicken casserole (corn & broc.) & a jello salad with a pretzel crumb crust.  Not sure if I'll make a dessert or just have ice cr. & cookies.  *Forgot to finish my thought - they'll come for lunch.  I look forward to having them.  Warren thinks they should chip in to help pay expenses but I don't feel that is necessary.  For me it's good to have something to look forward to & make plans -- menu, etc.

 Tookk me awhile to get going on Sidney Sheldon's book, but once I started & I couldn't stop.  It was good.  I'll have to look for April Smith's book - sounds good.

Barb had the ultra sound on Wed. & next Mon. she sees the Dr. again for results.  She got the results of the pap smear & that showed no cancer.

Sounds like you had a great weekend even if you couldn't ski.  Linda took us to a Swedish restaurant when we were at Door County.  Remember that grass was growing on the roof.

Ash Wed. is the 21st so there will be Wed. nite services during Lent.

This A.M. before 6, Carey's alarm went off & it is noisy.  Went to call Lar & got the wrong number the 1st time.  We have the key so I was waiting for him - a police car was there also.  It was the upstairs alarm & that has given trouble before so he turned it off.  Imagine nit woke the neighborhood up as it took awhile for Lar to get here.  I went back to bed & got up at 7 A.M.

Imagine they'll have snacks & cake at Joyce's it's from 4-6 - but I won't feel like fixing a meal so we'll have pizza & I'll fix a roast for Sun.  Fri nites & Sun. are meals that are hard for me to make.  Usually we'd eat out at least twice a week & now we don't but I'm not motivated to meal getting.  Think I miss eating out the most.

Scott lost his other front tooth.  Lynn was giving him a bath & he didn't want to cooperate & somehow slipped & his tooth hit the tub & was hanging out.  She took him to the dentist thinking they could put it back in.  They said it would only turn black so it came out.  Lynn didn't go to work that day - she had a headache.  He is really something else.

The temp. is 47 but only for 1 day.  Suppose to get colder again & snow flurries.  But we hope the worst is over for this winter.  No part of the country has been spared.

Time to sign off.

P.S.  Joyce's party was so nice & she was so pleased.  Bev & Jeff Sweet look real good.  Jeff was promoted to Captain so he has done very well in the Navy & he worked hard to get ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment