Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday, October 20, 1995

Before I forget, Paul you can expect a pkg next week.  Mailed it Thurs from the Post Office.

Our weather is changing - think summer is finally coming to an end.  Rain is suppose to come later today.

I'm rooting for Cleveland in the World Series.  Usually I'm an N.L. rooter but not this time.  The Mets ended their series of games on a high & Met fans, of which I am one, are looking forward to next spring & we should see a big improvement. 

Stella had her operation - Ruth called but there was no news then, except she'd come thru it OK & was sleeping.  Dad will call this weekend to hear more. 

Neither of us heard from Signe on our birthdays.  Dad tried calling but no one was home.

Did we mention that Eleanor Johnson, Gt. Falls, called & invited us to First English for their anniversary Nov. 1.  Naturally we had to decline but it was a disappointment.  She asked for a letter but Dad is having a hard time getting anything written.  We'll have to work it over together.


I've gotten a start on Christmas shopping.   Lots of sales going on & I love to shop!

Made my first veg. soup this past week & it was good.  Always make a large pot so there is leftovers for lunch.

We love the picture of Andy.  It is so good.  Gave 1 print to Lar & Kim & Barb has one.  Barb gave us a Toaster Oven.  Ours went on the blink so I bro't back an older one but Barb didn't like how it toasted.  We like the new one.  Lar & Kim gave us those outside lights & he'll install them by the front & side of the house facing Conewango Ave.  It should look nice.  The neighbor s across the st. have them on either side of the grape arbor & it looks so nice at nite.



In just about a month we'll be expecting you & we look forward to your visit.  We plan an early birthday party for JoAnna & Eddie.  So it will be either Fri. or  Sat. at dinnertime.  So if you want to visit any firends save 1 of those nites for us.  We get first dibs!

Last Tues. was Circle mtg. at church & Rose & I always walk home together & she gave me some news I never tho't I'd hear.  A widower called & asked her out to dinner & she went.  Many times I've said go if someone asks.  "Never," she replied.  But she did.  It is Mr. Highhouse - his wife died some time ago - she was a home ec. teacher at Beaty.  He has tickets for the concert sweries.  His one daughter isn't too happy but Rose doesn't want to get married - just enjoys the friendship.  I'm glad for her.  I'd do it if I were in her shoes. 

Careys are in Fla. for the month of Oct.  They bot a condo down there & Lar said teh rainy weather shouldn't bother them as they are probably busy cleaning, painting, etc.  The girls would like them to be closer to Phila. so I wonder if they'd leave Warren.

We still haven't met the new neighbors - they have a son, maybe a little older than Andy & a daughter in kindergarten, and a dog.  Maybe Andy will meet them before we do.

Dad's program is over so we're going to work on a letter & see if we can get that deal done & off his mind.

P.S.  I wrote the letter to Great Falls.



No comments:

Post a Comment