Sunday, August 21, 2011

Monday, February 19, 1996

I've been lazy today & didn't push myself.  Just awoke from an hour's nap in my chair.  Supper is left overs - we had turkey yesterday.

It's been a nice day - not too cold - so I should have walked to the library but never did - too lazy.  Read "The Glass Lake" by Maeve Binchy & loved it.

Last week was a busy week cleaning & getting ready for Wed. when we were 8 for lunch.  Had an easy casserole that you make the nite before.  Spread stuffing on the bottom of pan - turkey, more stuff.   Then a mixture of milk & eggs poured over.  Covered & overnite in refrig.  Before you bake it pour a can of cr. mushroom soup over it.  Larger recipe, went over big & tasted good.  Salad, rolls & brownies & ice cr. for dessert.  We had a good time together.  Next time Pat & Ted want us all to go & see their new home.  Hope dad will be up to it.

Tomorrow is Circle & Rose is leader this month.  Then church on Ash Wed.

Been a little more faithful on the exerciser - walking the basement.

Boy am I glad I have the mute button on the kitchen T.V. & it is & will be used a lot during this electron year.  Something should be done about the way we pick those who want to be president.  Soon more will be dropping out of the Rep. race.  The way they are going, you Dem have no worries!  Think I could go for Lamar Alexander.

An interesting thing on CNN - In N.H. a reporter showed pictures of all the candidates & only 2 could identify all of them.  One time he included his own picture & the person said he looked familiar from T.V. but didn't say "it is you".   Of course maybe they didn't expect to be interviewed on T.V. but interesting none the less.

No mail today due to the holiday so no USA Today & no puzzle to do or paper to read.  We miss it.

Kim was telling us her niece called & asked what Kim tho't about her dyeing her hair black.  Kim's sister said she is determined to have black hair & her parents naturally are against it.  Can't imagine a 9 yr. old wanting to dye her hair.  She loves people with black hair - hers is the color of Kim's so it is dark but not enough, I guess.  Don't think you'll have that worry with Andy or Eddie.

Barb said Bob Johanson remembers me from Beaty & wonders if he supplied the peaches, would I make him a peach crisp.  Lynn doesn't bake & neither does his mother.  Several times I've sent pieces of dessert - like a couple of brownies from last Wed. & he enjoys them so much.

Barb is working later tonite as Bob & Lynn have a mtg. at 6 pm.  So we'll go for groceries & the Mall Tues nite.  Want to go to KMart. 

Think I forgot to mention I saw Dave Blair & he asked about you & sends greetings.

The next author I want to read is Robin Cook.  Just read about him recently & I like medical themes so I'll check him out.

Tues A.M.

The upstairs is cleaned & sheets in the dryer.

It's raining so I hope it's goodby to the snow til next winter.  Could we be so lucky.

Time for a shower & I look forward to Circle this aft.  It's a good group.  Oh Edith Berkman died this past week.  She was 90 & not well for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment