Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday, September 29, 1995

Finally a letter before I touch another book.  I ready Family Blessing by LaVyrle Spencer & it was so good.  Yesterday I got 5 books at the lib. & finished one short, favorite style.  Finished my 2nd today. 

Have been giving your N. Eng. vacation much thought.  Naturally I'd love to see my sisters & get away for awhile but I'm having my doubts.  Haven't mentioned anything to Dad yet - haven't written to Gen - but I don't think Dad would like it or that I could be gone for any length of time.  Once Barb went to Jamestown alone as Dad didn't feel good & didn't want to be alone.  He was having daily headaches then - not as bad now but he still has them some A.M.'s.  I just wouldn't feel right being away.  So I tho't I'd better let you know my feelings & doubts.  I'll write to Gen one of these days about a visit.

Ruth Ekey (Mrs. Leonard) died this past week.  Heart.  A couple of years younger than I am.


The pictures of Colo. are so great & so was your letter telling of all the events.  The boys are handsome in their "tails".  What a memory.  Beautiful bride, handsome groom.

Barb bot an unfinished armoire & finished it herself.  Now she'd like to get a bookcase to finish.


We've had some rain but not as much as we need.  Also we've had some beautiful warm days.  Trees are starting to change.  Oct is soon here & colder days, I'm sure.

Larry just did landscaping for a family on the corner of Verbeck & Redwood.  Corner house in the same block as Blairs.  Looks very nice.  His next fall project is for John Smiths on Quaker, next to Johanson's.


With a car Barb is able to take Scott to various playgrounds & he loves the slides.  And she picks up Marissa after school.

Have some newspaper articles for you to look thru.  One Gen sent in a letter.


I'm expecting an order from Penneys Christmas catalog today.  Stuff for the boys, a top Kim liked & a skirt I wanted.  Oh yes one of those puzzles to create a building.  Chose the White House for Barb.  Now if I can keep it hidden from her.  She's so good at ferreting out her gifts.  Correst usage?  Things are as usual here.  Time to get back to my books.






No comments:

Post a Comment