Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Saturday, January 27, 1996

See by the weather channel you have 13" of snow.  We had rain & wind thru the nite & now we have sleet.  During the nite I was awakened with a noise & I wondered what happened.  Had to move the porch glider.  It also took the outside cover of the safety light we have on the garage.  I didn't hear that but Dad did & he wanted to get it but couldn't get his coat on.  A good think as he could have slipped & fallen & I wouldn't hear it.  I retrieve it this A.M.

Thanks so much for the Anniv. cards, letter & pictures & flowers.  They are so pretty in a white basket.  After 51 years it is just another day.

Last Mon. I finallly got to walk to the library & found 3 books right away.  Read them all by Thurs.

"The Maltese Angel" by C. Cookson.
"Trust Me" by Jayne Ann Krentz.
"A Tangled Web" by Judith Michael.

All so good.  I couldn't put them down.

Lar & Kim will come over to watch the Super Bowl.  I'll fix a quichie, a new recipe I found, veggies & dip, etc.

In less than a week it will be Feb & that brings us closer to spring.

I'm enclosing a couple of clipping from the paper.  Rick Setili, Karen Seeley's husband & a great guy.  She is lucky to have him.  They have 3 children, a girl & a boy.  Kirstin is in 8th grade & Evan in 2nd.

The former Good Morning Farm was owned by Alan Blair's 2nd wife.

Kim said the former Savoy Restaurant was finally sold & will be made into a Sports Bar with sandwiches, beer, etc.  It's been vacant for some time now.

Wm. Clinger will not run for Congress this year.  He's been there a long time & he never had any opposition.  Now many will run to try & get the seat he held.

Think I've run out of news & the washer is soon off.

No comments:

Post a Comment