Saturday, August 6, 2011

July 7, 1995 (Letter from Barb)

[It's the boys first time on their own at Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's house.]

It's a Friday afternoon and things are laid back today.  The boys have been upstairs watching TV.  I wanted to watch the men's semi-final tennis today.

Eddie has come downstairs and has brought out the magic markers and paper.  We have been working on art projects all day.  Andy hasn't participated too much, but I am sending one of his projects, an American flag.  Mom thinks Eddie colors well for his age - one of his pictures (the horn), he kept in the lines better than Andy could do at that age.


Kim, Andy, Eddie, and I went to Kinzua Dam on Wednesday.  When we got there, Andy announced that he wasn't going into the water.  Yet after 2 1/2 hours, Andy was hardly out of the water.  Needless to say, the boys had a ball.  Kim mentioned she wanted to take the boys back to Kinzua Beach next week when I have to work.


Mom and I left the boys with Grandpa when we went grocery shopping.  Both times they behaved themselves beautifully.   We mentioned to the boys Grandpa wasn't feeling well and we wanted the boys to be extra good.  They really are very nice boys.


I wanted the boys to send a note.  I was going to dictate for Eddie and nI wanted Andy to write a few words.  But all of my proddings were to no avail.  So I am left to say a few words.


I'll let the boys fill in the details of their stay in Warren.  No problem with home sickness for Eddie as I wondered about.

See your soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment