Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Friday, February 2, 1996

It's coffee time - have to warm up from walking to get my hair done.  The coldest spot is walking over the bridge - my face got cold but all other areas were covered & I enjoyed the walk.  Hope this will be the last cold spell.

When we were watching the Super Bowl, the telephone rang & it was Donald Carlson, calling to tell us they were watching the game, tho't of us & called to say they were rooting for the Steelers.  I was really surprised to hear Don.  It was a good game & I tho't that Steelers made a good showing & they should have won.



Barb & I both got new winter boots on sale.  Barb has worn hers but my old ones are comfortable for walking so I wear them.

The annual mts. at church was last Sun.  Everything went smoothly.  But a lot of the older people are dying & it is the older people who are the best givers so that means budget problems.

Barb is really enjoying the Christmas gift you gave her.  She ordered 2 more cartridges - one on foods & she checks her fats, etc. of what she eats.

I'm enclosing newspaper articles of interest.

Got more library books.  Enjoyed "Treasures" by Belva Plain & am reading Sidney Sheldon's "Nothing Lasts Forever".  Haven't really gotten into it yet.

Received an invitation to Joyce O'Connor's 70th birthday party.  Bev sent the invitation.  Her birthday is the 7th but the party will be Sat. the 10th.  Bev's oldest son is in college.   2nd son still in high school.  Husband high up in the Navy - should soon be ready to retire.

I've been "dreaming" with the new Penney's catalog.  But haven't made any orders yet.

Our new furnace keeps the house nice & warm.  Of course it is set at 72 but Dad still has to wear a sweater & when I work I roast.  Am hot now becuase the long johns worn for walking.

Things are as usual around here.

[Enclosures]



No comments:

Post a Comment