Monday, August 1, 2011

Friday, April 27, 1995

Thanks for your letter that arrived today.  Dad has had a bad day so far.  His head hurts - he hasn't gotten dressed yet & it's 3 pm.

I'm enclosing some newspaper articles that might interest you.






Barb came home & we went & got groceries.  Now we're waiting for pizza to come from Domino's.  Sat A.M. we'll go to the Mall - both Penney's & Bon Ton have 25% off & this time it's on everything you buy on 1 day not just 1 item.

Baseball is back but not the fans - but this one is watching on T.V.  Wed. nite the Mets opened at Colorado & what a game even tho "My Mets" lost.  (Thurs also but they made a good showing.)  Wed. was a 14 inning game & I stayed up to the end - close to 12:30 E.D.T.  I've also watched some of the Yankees game on Wed. as well as the Braves.  Mets are on tonite.

It was a shock to hear about Larry & Sherry's break up.  That is so sad.  It makes me very happy that both you & Larry have solid marriages.  Both of you chose wonderful mates.

Now it's Mon. nite & I'll try to finish this so I can mail it tomorrow.

Today I housecleaned the dining room.  Took all the dishes, glasses out & washed the ones I use very seldom.  Washed walls, etc.  So now that is nice & clean.  Also set Danish rolls & a batch of cookies to bake tomorrow.  And I ironed for an hour so I had a busy day & tomorrow I'll take it easy.

Sun. 10 young people were confirmed.  6 boys & 4 girls.  It was a nice service.

Tonite was the L.C.W. Mother-Daughter Banquet at church but I don't go anymore.  I still go to L.C.W. meetings - at least some of them.

Marisa had a birthday on Sat. last & had a slumber party & told Barb she could come but Barb wasn't interested.  She had a gift for her & I baked cookies for her.  A new recipe & Marisa liked them.

After watching baseball & the poor umpiring, I was glad to hear they settled their strike & will be back on Wed.

Milwaukee is off to a good start.  Will you be taking in a game later on in the season.

Meant to call last nite -- first we watched "Jessica" & then went to E.S.P.N. for baseball so by the time we remembered it was too late.



I might invest in the video "Forrest Gump:.  We've heard good reports about the movie "While You Were Sleeping".   Sounds like one I'd like to see.



Sounds like May will really be a busy one for Paul & June will be busy for JoAnna.  That makes the days fly by.   Nothing special to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment