Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Friday, January 14, 2000


When I got the mail yesterday, I saw a package & wondered what could be in it.  Thanks so much for the beautiful frame with pictures of my only grandsons.  I love it.  Nice to see Eddie in his Cub Scout shirt.  It brings back memories of Larry & scouting.

We have snow & cold weather.  I didn't get my hair done today - hope to be able to go next week.

Last Mon. nite Bert (Barb's boss) had Barb, Lar & Kim & Dave & Lois (neighbors of Lar & Kim - across the st.) over for a drink.  It was a nice evening, they said.  Bert left yesterday for New York City for a visit.  She has an apt. there.


This is your weekend to go away.  The schools have Mon. off for the first time here in Warren.  It's about time.

It's only 17 so Barb decided to defrost the freezer.  We put the food in bags on the front porch while the freezer is defrosted & cleaned.  It took her 2 1/2 hrs. to get it done.  She didn't want to wait considering the winter we've had so she took advantage of freezing temps.  I stayed out of her way & let her do it on her own.

Dale was suppose to go to school in Rochester today with another fellow.  But they only had room for 1 so Dale didn't go as he had several transmissions to remake.  I was glad considering the weather & Rochester always get a lot of snow.  We should be glad as the snow means moisture & we need it.


Scott hates to go to the Y.M. after school - he wants to go home.  So on Tues. Barb will pick him up & take him home & on Thurs. Lynn will do the same.  On Tues. & Thurs. he goes to soccer & likes that.  Fri. Bob is off so he can pick Scott up.

We got a Christmas card from Roland & Linda.  I'm sure you got one as well.  What nice looking teenagers they have.  Not too long before Andy & Eddie will be teenagers...Andy next Sept.  How time flies.  Before you know it Andy will want his own telephone & the girls will be calling.

This semester Kim has had all the 8th graders in Health classes.  Next semester she only has 1 health class of 12 students so it will mean less work for her - grading tests, etc. so she is looking forward to the 2nd semester in about 10 days.  She had less gym classes this sem. & that's what she likes - the gym classes.


Saturday aft.

Kim & Torey stopped by for a visit & a cup of coffee.  I was watching Miami get whipped by Jacksonville. 1st half almost over & it's 41-0.  I'm happy but Barb feels sorry for Marino & is rooting for Miami.  It is now 41-7.  I think Jax will win.

Now it's Tues the 18th.

Kim bro't over 2 more in the series of Jan Karon's books & I'm putting together a 1000 pc. puzzle & have 2 USA crossword puzzles to do.  No mail yesterday.  So letter writing is taking a back seat.

We're having veg. beef soup for supper.  Also made stromboli & a pecan pie for dessert.  Good meal on a cold day & we're having cold weather.

My back is still sore but a lot better.  I need to wash the kitchen floor but I'm not up to that yet.

On Fri. the 21st I will have been house bound for 3 weeks, except once I walked to 5th to mail letters in the box there.  Fri. we might go to the Mall & I'll get my hair done & should be able to get back to church next Sun.

Nothing exciting here but pecan pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment