Sunday, January 29, 2012

Saturday, January 8, 2000


Barb is ready to fire Wade Phillips for keeping Rob Johnson in the game & having Flutie on the bench. I don't like the announcers so I'm not watching.

My back is giving me trouble.  Don't know if it's the results of cold/flu or the regular back trouble.  But I can't do what I want to, Barb gets groceries & I can't get to the Mall.  A disgusting situation.

I finished the 2nd book by Jan Karon.  I really enjoy them - reminds me of Dad at times.  The Rector thought he was old at 62 & then he remembered - "at age 89 Arthur Rubenstein had given one of his most enthralling recitals, at Carnegie Hall.  At 82 W. Churchill wrote A History of the English Speaking People - in four volumes no less.  And hand't Eamon De Valera served as president of Ireland when he was 91.  Not to mention Grandma Moses who was still painting - and getting paid for it - at the age of 100."  A mere 50 is nothing, Paul!

Last week I watched Itzhak Perlman on Public TV.  Live from Lincoln Center.  He used the theme of the violin in his life.  At 5 he wanted a violin - his first teacher, first performance with a live orchestra, Ed Sullivan show, etc.  Really enjoyed it.  He said if he wasn't here he might be at home watching Law & Order or he could be out to dinner with his wife on their 33rd wedding anniversary.

We've had snow flurries but they didn't amount to anything.

I had to cancel my hair appt. last Fri.  Barb would have taken me there but I know I couldn't walk home.

Dale got my trash compactor working & it's nice to have it back.

Larry's new wife must not have made much of an impression on you as you said nothing about her.  I was waiting for some word.

I take it Andy's glasses arrived OK.

Have a "beautiful" coldsore on my lower lip - in the middle.  Nice & big & it's taking its time healing.

My navy purse has seen its best days but it's easy to carry, etc.  Barb said I should junk it.  She was at the Bon Ton on Fri. & saw one she thought I'd like so she got it for me.  Exactly what I like so that was a nice surprise. On sale, too.  I junked the old one.

We were so disappointed when Buffalo lost in the last 16 seconds.  Barb still thinks Wade should be fired.  He should have put Doug F. in & maybe get more points.

Was eating popcorn the other nite & lost part of a filling.  It doesn't hurt & that's good as I'm not ready to sit in the dentist chair.  What else can happen.

Your new furniture sounds nice.  I'm sure it will be more comfortable to sleep on when you have company.


Mon.

It's a rainy day.  Barb has to return a library book so if I finish this she can mail it & a bill for me.

Golf in Maui was so exciting on Sun.  Tiger & Ernie Els tied at the end of 18 holes & went to overtime.  On the 2nd hole Tiger had a wonderful long putt that won the tournament.  Exciting to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment