Saturday, January 14, 2012

Monday, October 3, 1999

It's a cloudy, cool day but it didn't stop me from doing my work.  The first of the week I have more energy but it lags toward the end of the week.

Nancy, Kim's friend is not a good housekeeper & her mother-in-law is just the opposite.  This week her in-laws are coming so she asked Barb to clean 3 hours on Wed.  Her regular cleaning person & her friend will clean 2 days.  Nancy said her mother-in-law would know Nancy didn't do it & it will cost her over $100.00 to get things in order.  She has 4 daughters but they haven't been trained to pick up after themselves & are no help to clean a little.

Betty Casey wants me to go out to lunch tomorrow - Tues.

The CVS new store is going up fast.  The store on 2nd Ave. will close on Nov. 1st.  Sounds like they want to be opened before the holidays.


Soon lunch time but I wanted to get a start.  My book is so book it is hard to put it down.  Got 3 books on Sat.  Read one on Sat, another on Sun - both easy reading & started on the 3rd.  This is a longer book & I can't skip over parts of it as in some books.  If they're too "wordy" or such.

Now it's Tues A.M.  What about those Mets.  Nobody (except me & a few others) wanted them to win.  It was a great game.  But they play Arizona & that will be a battle, esp. when Johnson is their starter.  Oh well, at least they got to the playoffs.  Some expect Ariz. t5o be the N. L. winner.  I'll root for them if it comes to that.

Barb likes to sleep in - I like to get my work done in the morning.  At 8:30 I was cleaning my room - dusting so no noise yet.  She didn't get up so I went downstairs & vacuumed & made noise.  Still not up so I went upstairs & started to clean the bathroom.  Finally up & went downstairs.  It's 9:30 so I guess she isn't working today.  Bert doesn't come home til the 16th so I guess Barb thinks she can take time off.  Wonder if Barb could ever hold a "regular" job.  But I'm not changing my cleaning times after all these years.  Just a little chance to get it off my chest.  Don't care to make waves.

I'm not going out to lunch until Thurs.  Betty called to change it.  Better for me, too.

In Sept. I completely forgot LCW.  Told Viola Seaquist I'd be there.  Then I remembered the Mets were on so I stayed home.  They were going to tie a quilt & only so many can do that.

You must have used your new furnace by now.  How's it going.

Dale is looking to the future & thinking about finding a house with a 2-car garage so he'll have a place to work on cars.  Also a house that needed to be updated.  He's talked to Larry about it.  That would be good for Dale & a good investment.  I'm sure he could get a loan & has money saved.

I just have to sign the dded & it will belong to you four "kids".  I'm glad that's over & it's the last thing to be done.  Everything is in order.

Did you notice in the Wrrn. paper Warren Hi has a good girls' cross country team.  One of Wrrn's girls always comes in first & Benson's (Mt. Jewett) granddaughter comes in 2nd.  Both are seniors so there is no hope for Bensons to see a winner.  They go to Kane Hi.

It's 10 A.M. &  I need to get a shower & cleaned up.

Bills are winning - Barb is happy.

Steelers are losing - Dale unhappy.

That's how it goes in sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment