Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friday, December 10, 1999

Lar bro't the tree today & Barb is putting the lights on it & then I'll help with the rest of the decorations.  I think I'm thru with my shopping.

Wed. Bensons and Hollertzs are coming for lunch.  I'll fix a chicken dinner with vienetta & cookie for dessert.

I got a start on the rolls for Betty G. Mailhot.  She called this A.M. to check & ask me how much they'd be.  I didn't want money so I said a gift to Hospice or the animal shelter.  I don't want to start baking rolls to sell.  They have to be done by 9:30 so I'll get up early.  Have things ready to go - pans, etc.

Got your letter today as well as the Christmas letter.  That was a surprise - it's only the 10th!!!

Had a Dr. appt. this aft.  The thyroid makes my eyes funny so he gave me a new prescription.  Start with 4 pills  3 times a day & by the end of the month I go down to 3 pills, 3 times a day & then I have to see him Dec. 27th at 3:45.  Blood pressure & weight O.K.

 Law & Order is on so I'm not sure if I can write & listen at the same time.

Last Wed. Betty C. & I went to lunch at The Plaza.  They are always crowded & the food is good.

Yesterday I got a permanent & today the Dr.  Next week nothing except Wed.  But that means cleaning the house & some baking.  Cardamon rolls as they love them.

When you're here we'd like to go out to eat but it would be in Warren & the best place is Holiday Inn.  We can decide when you're here.

Kim took a personal day last Wed.  Worked at home & did errands.  Next weekend they go to a party & wear dressy clothes.  Kim has a long black skirt & wanted a new top.  She went o the Salvation Army Store & found  a top - never worn.  Price tag was 60.00 & Kim got it for 3.00.  The clerk asked her if she had seen the red dress made by the same co.  Kim looked at it.  Also new, her size & she got it for 6.00.

Last Mon. we went to Jamestown & I saw a dress I liked.  A Lesley Fay.  Tried it on & liked it.  2 piece.  A print, pleated skirt & a plain light purple top.  Feels good on me so I got it - on sale but had to pay tax in N.Y.  Got a cute jumper & turtleneck at Walmarts for the little girl I wrote about.  Good prices at Walmart.

It was a good Law & Order.  I like the dark haired D.A.  He's good.

P.S.  Almost forgot.  Good report card for Andy.  I hope he makes the Honor Roll next time.  Now you're a parent & want your child to do his best.  I felt the same way!!  Only you "guys" didn't cooperate.  I hope Andy will.


Just remembered I changed the gift for Eddie.  It cost more than the one I tho't I'd send.

Now it's Sat. aft.

Was up at 5:30 this A.M. & had the rolls ready before 9:30.  Then I made us a coffee cake & 2 kinds of cookies.

Took it easy for awhile & this aft. finished trimming the tree.  Looks nice.

I know from letters, Eddie like to help in the kitchen at times.  I made the tea cakes that have to be rolled in powdered sugar & could have used his help.  He might have enjoyed that.  But it all got done.

Found a new idea for baked pot.  Cut it in half lengthwise.  Put a slice of onion & a slice of cheese between the 2 pot.  Wrap in foil. & bake in oven.  Delicious.  Had them last Thurs & will again this Wed.

Did you notice Everett Borg died.  Didn't give his age but I think he was at Upsala College when Frank C. was.

No comments:

Post a Comment