Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday, October 17 1999

"Boxer" by Eddie

Just finished putting a puzzle together - 1000 pieces & everyone was there.  Some pieces were missing & because of the rug, they are hard to spot.  I get down on my hands & knees & feel around & find the missing pieces.  If I don't do that the vacuum cleaner "eats" them never to be found again.

Thanks for your flowers.  They are very beautiful.  I have another bouquet - altar flowers.  Carole Anderson always has them on this Sun. in memory of her parents.  And she thought so much of Dad that he always got one of the bouquets.  He would visit them, etc.  Visitation means so much to members & that is what they remember Dad for - one of the things.  Now I got the flowers this year.

Tonite (6 pm reservation) we go out to eat at "Bones & Ribs", in area opposite Jackson Valley Country Club & golf course.  It burned down but was rebuilt.  I has had other names as well & owners.  Suppose to be pre3tty good - time will tell.

In my bedroom we have a heart theme as the quilt has hearts on it & so does the border by the ceiling.  So we tho't a heart shaped wreath would look nice on one wall.  Kim decorated one & gave it to me & it does look so nice.  Barb & Dale gave me Betty Dixon chocolates &^ a candle, votive type, that fits into a black wired heart.  The candle holder part is a heavy glass "thing" you used to see on elec. poles.  Dale told me the correct word but I can't call it to mind.  You'll see it sometime.

We're going to have a real tree again this Christmas.  This aft. Kim & Lar were going to choose trees.  Mark them for cutting in Dec.

Paula Carey - don't know her married name - starts a new job Nov. 1 in Buffalo.  S he has been working for Northwest Savings in the mortgage dept.  The new job means more money.  Her husband is a lawyer & had to get a Pa. law license & now he's not sure what he will do.  Paula will stay up there & come home weekends.  They haven't been here that long.

Mon. the 18th

We left at 5:45 for Ribs & Bones & had a very good dinner.  I got the 1/3 portion of ribs, Lar the 1/2 portion & Dale got steak & ribs.  If you eat a regular portion of ribs they gift you a baseball type cap.  So the portions are generous.

When we left the Mets-Braves were tied at 2.  When we got home it was the 9th inning & still tied so I didn't miss that much.  It was so exciting, as you can testify to.  When the phone rang I knew it was a call from Middleton only this time it was Eddie.  He carries on a good conversation.

Now to football - did you notice the Penn State Q.B.'s name is Richard (pronounced with the French accent) Kelly.  Their up & coming Q.B.

Got my tooth fixed today.  Then we went to the mall.  On the way back to the car, we noticed a couple looking at the van.  When they realized it was our car they spoke & said the van was in such good condition.  Told him we bo't it new & it was a '91 with less than 30,000 miles.  They really tho't it looked newer.  They were from Eastern Pa. & had a Scotty puppy who was so cute.  The man was so friendly, just like Warren Hollertz.

Christmas club checks will be coming soon & so far I've had just 1 suggestion from you people.  More please!  Remember I shop early.

I washed my winter jacket & somehow lost the "thing" that works the zipper & don't know where to find or look for it.  Barb has a nice jacket she doesn't like because it has a couple of tiny spots on it.  I'll look for some solvent to see if they'll come out & then wash it.  It has a zip-in lining.  I like it & a little spot won't bother me.  You can hardly see it.  Sometimes I get going too fast & end up with too many loops.

I had a nice birthday, thanks to my children.  I don't feel like 79.  I don't think I told you this or maybe I did as your letter was late.  He wished his Dad was as active as I.  Oh yes, I mentioned on the phone.  You'll have to excuse me - I'm a year from 80!

Got another puzzle to put together.  But I wanted to finish this & get it off tomorrow when I mail Gen & Ed's anniv. card.

No comments:

Post a Comment