Sunday, January 15, 2012

October 10, 1999


Thanks for the pictures of the boys.  They are growing up so fast.  I see a lot of changes.

In church today, we had a substitute organist.  She was good, bro't out the power of the organ & we aren't used to that so some people didn't like it.  She outpowered the pastor & he has a loud voice.

Fri. Barb & I went to Jamestown & got some good buys, so it was enjoyable.  We ate at the Red Lobster.  I tried cat fish for the first time & it was delicious.

Thurs. Betty Casey & I went to lunch at Penn Laurel.  I had homemade chicken soup & it was really homemade.  So good.  She said Mike called from Wi. last week & they have snow.  They are in the western part of the state.

Gen & Ed celebrate their 45th anniversary Oct 23rd.  Hope they reach 50.  Both have a few problems.

It cleared up today - was suppose to rain.  Dale is afraid the Nascar race will be postponed & on the weather map it shows rain all across (up & down) the coast line.

What about those Mets.  They won even with Mike P. on the bench & his replacement got the winning home run.  On to Atlanta.  They must remember to be careful of Chipper Jones & the one who follows him or they will kill the Mets.  It's been exciting anyway it ends.  A Subway series would be interesting as I'm sure the Yankees will make it, altho I'd root for Cleveland.

I have a pot roast in the crockpot & it smells good.  Finally a change from chicken  but sometimes Barb doesn't want beef, unless it's steak.

Dale's getting the Blazer transmission remade.  His friend in Frewsburg is doing it & he told  Dale it was good as one part was very thin & would have caused trouble in the winter.

Our flowers are still blooming.  No real frost yet.  We took green tomatoes in & put them in paper bags & then they will ripen.

We're watching Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh & Buffalo is doing good.  Smile for Barb but not for Dale.

In Jamestown we went to Walmart & I found a platter in my everyday Corelle pattern.  They aren't that easy to find & I was so pleased to get it.

I'm still waiting for Christmas ideas.  I think Pokemon are an impossibility.  Cards at least.  I've seen books, posters but no cards.  Except for the ad in the paper & they wanted $550.00 for over 400 cards.  It's a scam!!

Need to clean up lunch dishes.

Betty Gusfatson Mailhot asked me if I'd make 2 doz. of my Danish rolls for a brunch she's having in Dec.  I didn't say yes yet & I don't know if I want to get into baking for others.  Not worth it.

Here it is Wed. & I haven't finished this letter so it will be late.

Today I see the dentist & I hope it is just a one trip experience.

Mildred Wilson died - I worked with her at Beaty & Lar did work for her so Lar & I went to the funeral home.  She was 88 & outlived her husband.

The eating area lock would really bother you, Paul, as it has gotten noisy.  Think it needs a new battery.

Get my hair done on Thurs. this week as Sheila is taking a long weekend to visit her girlfriend in N.W. Wi. to see their new baby.  A few months old now.  She is from Minn. but worked in Warren a few years but returned to the Midwest as her mother isn't well.

This is Dale's early week & I've made applesauce & a banana coffee cake - in a bundt pan with streusel instead of the loaf pan.  It's good.

So it's time to make my bed & get a shower.

P.S.  Saw the dentist - Dr. Walters - he said he wishes his Dad could get around as well as I do.  We're the same age.  My lower left in the back have been sore at times so he took an xray & something is wrong so I have to go back on Mon aft. at 1 pm.  More fun - I like Dr. Walters for a dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment