Friday, January 27, 2012

Thursday, December 16, 1999


Yesterday Benson's & Hollertz's came for lunch & it was a real high point for me.  They arrived around 1 pm.  We ate & sat around the table just letting the dishes sit.  Did clear dinner plates, etc. & put them in the sink.  They didn't leave til 4:30. 

Warren & Anna went to their grandson's school in Pittsburgh as the teacher wanted people to tell of their school days & they didn't have any over age 50.  Karen said my parents will come & they enjoyed it so much.  Even had an old toy to show - no plastics, etc. back then.

We got to talking of the "tabs" pastors used to wear (collar) & I got Dad's class picture to show them.  Then we got to talking about baptism & how years ago babies were baptized at home.  I got Dad's baptismal certificate & showed it to them.  Ted wrote down the date & said he could figure it out.  He called this A.M. & as far as he could figure out it was on a Fri. so most likely at home.

It was just a most delightful time for all of us.  Benson's bro't a poinsettea plant & Hollertzs Dan Smith soft center chocolates.  Not necessary but nice.

This A.M. we had snow flurries but I walked to the post office to mail letters & get more stamps.

Grandma forgot to have Dale sign a birthday card for Eddie but it should be there after his birthday, Mon. so tell - no this will be after he gets it as I won't mail it until tomorrow when I get my hair done.


Time is going fast.  I've got most of my cookies made & will have to get groceries for when you're here - like grapefruit & lamb!!  Plus what the boys like - stuffed pork chops for Andy & beef or chicken for Eddie.

Soon lunch time.  Just felt like writing you.

I was surprised to get a call from Dr. McNett last time to tell me all was well with the blood test except the thyroid & he wants me to increase the pill from 1 to 3 a day & have another blood test in a month.  I have good veins so it doesn't hurt.  Glad I have Blue Cross & Medicare also.

On Thurs. I don't see Law & Order at 7 pm & plan to watch at 1 pm but I always forget & missed it today.  I couldn't keep my eyes opened last nite to watch the 10 pm Law & Order.

Felt like talking to Millie so I called & we talked about 1/2 hr.  She has the family on Christmas Eve.  Larry & family go home & Millie & Linda go to Allan's on Christmas Day.  She has a tree up & other decorations.  Gen doesn't do much decorating & doesn't have her tree up yet & doesn't keep it up very long.  I love to decorate.  Larry & Debbie go to Debbie's folks on Christmas.  T hey aren't well & don't leave their home.  Her mother has a cigarette in her hand constantly & neither drive any more.  Larry had business in Wilbraham & the next day so he stayed at Millie's as well.  He likes to be on the move so he wanted to go to the movies to see the new Tom Hanks film.  Millie wasn't sure she'd like it but went.  She loved it - wasn't what she thought it would be.  She said he is Oscar material.  Have you seen it.  The Green something, I think she said.  I'm not into movies!  My mind goes faster than the pen & often I leave things out.

Linda will be home next Wed. & will stay thru Sun. so Millie & she can do things together.

Kim gave me an early Christmas gift.  Holders for the Christmas stockings & they sit on the mantel.   Got them at Sam's Club.  They look nice.  Set of 4 with an angel, sleight, tree & reindeer.

Soon bedtime so I'll bring this to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment