Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Saturday, November 27, 1999


I'm watching "the Skins" on TV.  Have turkey soup simmering & leftover pumpkin pie.

This week Bert's niece, husband & 7 yrs old daughter Courtney are visiting.  Can't remember her name but she likes Barb.  Helped he rake leaves & doesn't want Barb to leave.  Tonite Barb will babysit her while the adults go out to dinner.

Some sad news.  Before Thanksgiving Susan Carey's husband was raking leaves, keeled over & died.  Only 33 yrs. old.  They have a daughter a little over 1 yr.  Careys are still gone - they left the 18th.  So sad, so young.

I have the birthday pkg ready to mail which I'll do on Mon.  So look for it, Paul.

And today I started writing notes on Christmas cards.  Lar will bring the Christmas tree on the 11th & I'm hoping to have Bensons & Hollertzs for lunch on the 15th.  Hope both can make that date.  It will just be the 5 of us as I don't want to work too hard.


Sun. aft.

Just got home from walking over town.  In church they have an angel tree & names from the Salvation Army.  You choose one & buy gifts from suggestions.  I chose a 5 yr. old girl who wants a doll.  So I get a chance to buy a doll - D & K has some darling ones.  Once I was in D & K with Betty Casey & she bo't one for her granddaughter.  I found one today & they are the same but marked down.  Also listed are clothes, sweat suit, pjs, dress, slacks, top.  You don't' have to get them all but I might find sales & can get a few more things.  They've done this for years but I'm just getting to it.  Never followed thru before.  It's fun.

It was nippy walking but nice to be out.  Sun & blue skies.


I'm doing great with Christmas cards.  Will be done by Dec 1st - except for last-minute notes to relatives. Then I want to wrap gifts & start getting Christmas decoration out & around.

The first Sun. of Advent the pastor's sermon is on the negative side - we're so busy shopping, baking, partying we forget the meaning of Advent.  But the people who should be hearing this aren't in church.  Why pick on the faithful who are in church every Sun.  I don't like negative preaching!

Back to the angel gift.  You don't wrap them.  Reason people used to pout junk in the gifts.  So the S. A. checks the gifts & has people help wrap them.  I supply the paper & names tags.  Must be at the church by the 12th.  Big K also has an angel tree for people to share with a child.

Dale told me today he bo't more light bulbs & put them in order on the shelf.  Barb is always putting the attic & basement in order.  Must have been the Montana air.  If I want something in the attic it's never where I left it.  Boxes are all in order with names telling what's in it.  Still I don't see what I want.  Guess I can't read!


Baby sitting for Barb was different.  Barb told her to come at 6 but didn't leave until 7 pm.  The husband baked some Pillsbury cookies & when the wife found out she started to yell at him in front of Barb.  They weren't to be made til today.  Barb felt sorry for the husband.  When they came home Bert was feeling very happy.  Guess she likes to drink.  Courtney told Barb her mom yells a lot.

Kim bro't some wine for Thanksgiving & left it for Barb. She & Barb were the only ones who had a glass of wine.  I tasted it but it doesn't interest me, even if a glass of wine is suppose to be healthy.

Did I say Warren Mall has 3 news stores.  4 really.  Shoe store, Pour Simon, Dollar store & an electronic store.  Did I write James Jewelers is going out of business.  Didn't sell out the 1st 3 days so are still opened. I didn't go in.

Guess this is enough to read.  Oh yes does Andy have to wear glasses all the time -- or just for reading.

[Accidentally/absent-mindedly enclosed]

No comments:

Post a Comment