Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sunday, December 4, 1999


I'm using paper that maybe could have been some you "kids" used.  Want to use it up.

Just finished a letter to Gen.  Their horse Happy died recently.  Don't know how old he was but John is in his late 30's & he rode him as a child.  For a long time he didn't get any exercise - the horse, that is.

Thurs. A.M., the 2nd, Barb woke up with the flu.  She is just now getting to feel better.  I made chili for supper & she had a little of it.  I was running out of milk, bananas & other things so I went to Bi-Lo with Kim.  It was busy but it gave me a chance to go down different aisles & check things out.  Kim plans on an hour to get groceries.  I was done first but didn't have to wait long.

Time is going fast & I should get a box with gifts for JoAnna from us.  Will enclose 1 gift for the boys & Paul - the rest will be opened here so we can be in on the fun.

Today at church they had a "cooky walk" - cookies 3.00 doz. & you could choose from a variety.  And a soup & pie luncheon.  I made 2 pies for it.

The Salvation Army sponsors an Angel Tree & we have one at church.  You choose a name hanging on the tree & there are gift suggests, sizes, etc.  I chose a 5 yr. old girl who wanted a doll & clothes.  I got a doll & a slack outfit for the girl.  Barb wants to get a dress & I want to look for p.j.'s.  Kim wondered who the doll was for & when she heard she said I'd like to do something.  So I got a boy's name.  He wants trucks & some clothes.   They've done it for several years & this is the first time I've done it.  You supply the wrapping paper & tags & the S.A. will check it over & have women to hope wrap.  Reason for this - when they first started you could wrap the gifts & some were worthless - rags & junk.  It was fun to shop for a little girl.

Barb said we might go to Jamestown Mon. aft. & look for things.  We get our tree on Fri. the 10th.  I've put a few Santas up but not much.

Wed the 15th I invited Bensons for lunch.  Haven't been able to get a hold of Warren & Anna.  Hope they can come that day.  Ted Benson got a deer on the 1st day of hunting.  On their property.

By mistake I got free blue cheese dressing for Dale & he agrees with Andy.  NO GOOD.  So I got the right one today.

I'm not ready to agree or not to agree to visit the last week of March.  Time will tell.  Guess I'm just a home body.

Fri. after Thanksgiving I discovered Law & Order on A&E at 9:30 A.M. so I watched it most of the day.  Dale took his lunch that day so he wouldn't lose his parking spot.

He went to Seamons junk yard to day.  At work he worked on an '88 Blazer & once he fixed it, it drove better than his.  So he got something - he told me what is was but I can't remember - & put it in & it drives better so he's happy.  We had snow on Mon. for the 1st day of deer hunting but it didn't last.  Warmed up again.

Your Thanksgiving dinner sounded real special.  I've read about baking sweet potatoes but have never tried it.  Kim bro't a cranberry-apple pie & it was very good.  She took it home for Lar to eat, as we also had pumpkin pie.


Sun.  JoAnna's birthday.  Hope it was a good one.

I found a box to send some gifts but it has to be cut down so I'll ask for Dale's help.  He is out now.

It was 51 at 8 A.M.& it has warmed up.

Explain to the boys so they will know more gifts are waiting for them.  I'm just sending small packages & Eddie's isn't as expensive as Andy's small sized one.  It will even up in the end.

I'm drinking coffee (3 pm) & watching Indianapolis vs. Miami.  The Colts QB is great & only 23 years old.  Fun to watch.  Barb wants Miami to win - better for the Bills - but they are trailing.  Coach Mora is lucky to get such a good team.

Hope to mail the pkg on Tues.

Guess t his is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment