Sunday, November 11, 2012

Monday, March 31, 2003


Dale is soon ready to leave for work with a lingering headache that pained him all weekend.

I'm starting a letter as there are things to tell you.

Kim's heart is fine.  The Dr. said it is a result of stress & caffeine so now she is drinking decaf & after a week the rapid heart beat returned to normal.  The stress is another thing with school & her brother Paul.  He has tried to quit drinking & was "on the wagon" until his cousin came to Atlanta & is a bad influence.  They were in a bar after work & his cousin got drunk, was loud & got kicked out.  Paul was drunk as well -- the police were called & Paul tried to drive away with the policeman hanging onto the truck.  The policeman broke an arm & leg during the incident & Paul ended up in jail.  Meanwhile a backup officer was  speeding to the scene, ran a red light, hit a car & the officer was killed.  So Paul is really in trouble. He's out on bail but Kim said she can't help him anymore.  She has lent him money & she knows she'll never see it again & she thinks maybe it's time for him to learn to be responsible.  She is sure he will get a jail sentence   Naturally she is upset.

Gen call on Sat. & she is mixed up.  Ed & John are always telling her what she can & cannot do & she doesn't like it.  She still hopes to be able to drive but John will never allow it. It is nice to be outside of town,  until you can't drive anymore & then you're stuck.  She drove to the grocery store every day.

At church they announced the Bishop sent a resume of a pastor for us to consider.  The "Call" committee will study it & more will be forthcoming.  We are ready & really need a full time pastor so I hope it works out.

This A.M.'s paper had an obit notice that Charles Phillips, 63, died.  When I looked further I noticed it was Patty Welsh's husband.  Didn't know he was ailing. It was just a notice, not a complete obit.  Patty was in church yesterday.  It does say he died Sun A.M. so it must have been after she left for church.

I found a book by Sandra Brown I hadn't read.  Envy.  It was so good, I stayed up last nite past my 10pm bedtime to finish it.  This is Dale's late week -- was still up by 6 A.M.  Was in bed by 11 pm.

I wasn't totally surprised to hear you hoped to visit but had to change plans.  I know when children become teenagers many different things can interfere with plans.  It was a disappointment but I can understand your situation.  I can remember vacations were different when you boys had jobs, etc.  There will be other times.  I'm anxious to hear about your visit with Roland & Linda -- visit to Mall of America & about JoAnna & Eddie's trip.  At least you got a little change of pack pace.  Time to start chores!

Tuesday, April 1

Saw Dr. Walters at 9:30 & got in right away.  He had to take 2 xrays.  Some bad news, some good news.  The 2 back upper teeth on the left side are abscessed.  They could be pulled but that would leave me with 2 empty spots on my chewing side.  Or I could have root canals by another Dr. as Dr. W. doesn't do root canals on back teeth.  It would cost me $1,000.00  He told me to think it over & call back.  He also said there is no guarantee the root canals would last.  But at 82 they should last me awhile & I have the money so that is no problem.  But I'll talk it over with the family Thurs nite. I'm leaning toward root canals.

We had snow this A.M. but by the time I walked home, it melted.  Did my Tues. work on Mon. as I knew I wouldn't want to start when I returned.  I do plan to iron this aft.

Larry just called & said Patty. W. Phillips' husband killed himself.  She came home from church and found him dead.  How sad for her.

Thurs. Apr. 3rd.  I made an appt. to have the root canals.  I go Tues. the 15th at 9 A.M.  I'll be glad to be rid of the dull ache.  I plan to make a strawberry rhubarb crumble this aft. so it will be warm for dessert.  It's like a crisp.  A recipe from my Taste of Home.

It is soon lunch time & I plan to make BLT sandwiches.

I enjoyed the Mets win last nite, esp. the catch of the supposed home run of S. Sos the wind held up.  Also enjoy that Atlanta is 0 & 2 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment