Monday, November 19, 2012

Saturday, May, 2003


We had an easy meal tonite -- pizza from Pizza Hut so there isn't much work to that or clean up.

The doorbell rang this A.M. & it was Ekey's with a beautiful geranium hanging basket.  Thank you so much. It is hanging on the porch.  Thanks for the Mother's Day cards.  I'll go with Eddie's "All the way, Mets" & boo to Andy's "All the way, Braves".  I know I'm dreaming when it comes to the Mets.  When they reach .500, I'll be happy.  They did win today with Mike P. home run in the 10th.  More smiles then.  Good or bad they are my team.

Yesterday I got 2 books at the library.  Read one yesterday & one today.  Both by Karen Robards, easy reading & I liked them a lot.  Hunter's Moon & Heart Break.  She has more I haven't read.  Good entertainment for me.

Barb got petunias & impatiens to plant which she is doing now.  For by the back door & the leftovers will go in the back yard.

Kim will make Larry's birthday carrot cake.  That is fine with me.

Kim went to Erie today as one of her Sheffield students graduated from college.  The girl has worked for Lar during the summer (weeding, etc.) & had dog sat Torey.

Tonite I'll watch the Braves & San Fran.  I could watch Houston at Pitt. but I think San Fran will be more interesting   Of course I root against the Braves!

Dale had his blood test this A.M. & they filled 5 vials & also a urine test.  He has an EEG test coming up in about 10 days.  He is getting a good check up.

Your new patio furniture sounds very nice.  You are lucky to have such a nice backyard.


Mon. May 12

We had a nice birthday & Mother's Day celebration.  Larry & Kim replaced the worn out "whiskey barrel" by the front steps & planted petunias (kind that spread out) in it.  Barb gave me earrings & a matching necklace, which I like a lot.  Dale gave me a fuchsia plant so the porch looks nice with 2 pretty hanging baskets.

The rain held off so we could grill steaks outside.  I gave Larry a gift certificate from Lawn & Garden so he can get what he likes.  Dale gave him a hammer & other little things he buys on his shopping trips.  Barb gave him a nice bear & cub in the form of a little candle holder. Be nice on the outdoor tables at the camp.  She also found a piggy bank in the form of a soccer ball.  It is so cute.  Dale also gave me a "little gift" -- bandaids with the logos of the baseball teams.  Cute.

I got my first copy of Home & Garden magazine.

Paul, it seems like you spend time in the "public" part of the library.  I don't think I've ever seen our Director around.  I don't' know her but I never ever saw the previous Director around & I know her.  Maybe I'm not around when they are or were.  Libraries around the state are crying the blues over the gov. budget.  Libraries & schools are getting the short end of the deal.  But the budget hasn't passed yet, so maybe things can change.  Our library surely will have to cut hours & jobs.

This A.M. I was up & dressed by 6 A.M.  Reason I wanted to get the glass out for recycling. They collect it early.  I told Dale I have ambition on Mondays but it fades as the weeks goes on.  Before Dale left (*8-5 this week) I had cleaned the counter tops, moving everything.  After lunch I'll do some ironing.

I was mistaken about when the pastor visits Warren. It is in June.  I guess I'm anxious & wondering why we don't hear more about the couple....where they are from, etc.  Next Sun. after church we have a meeting concerning the elevator situation.

In the June 10 Family Circle there is a recipe for Double Chip Bars that I plan to make today. It calls for white & milk choc. chips, coconut, peanut butter & peanuts.  Plan to halve the recipe & use a 9x9 dish for a sample.  If Dale doesn't like it, Barb on a diet, it will be too much for me to finish *even if I could!)  Also you put a drizzle of melted van. chips over the bars.  I like them so they came out & taste good.

Gen called today.  Her church is building an educational wing & she isn't in favor of it.  But she still made a gift of money.  John did & said she should.  Ed wasn't in favor of it but that's they way they are.  They wouldn't build unless they needed the room.

Heard some interesting gossip.  Arlene Hornstrom is now at the nursing home in Pleasant Twp. & she has found herself a man who is also there.  In fact, they were found in bed together.  She had another man friend before she got sick.  What happens in these homes!

"How sweet it is" this Wed A.M., the SUN is OUT.  Finally but showers are till haunting us.

Just finished washing the kitchen floor.  Sure glad that job is over.   After lunch I plan to walk to the library & get more books.  I'm in a reading mood.


Thurs. aft.

I tried a new recipe tonite -- chicken squares.  It was OK but I don't think I'll try it again.  Dale had a 2nd piece so it must be OK.  I was just a little disappointed in the results.  But the apple pie for dessert was good.

More rain today but a good weekend is forecast.

Are the boys counting the days til school is out.  Kim is.

No comments:

Post a Comment