Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tuesday, March 7, 2006


Read your letter -- a very complete report.  Your Dr. & his nurse sound like very caring people.  I'm sure all will go well for you in this new experience.  I'm sure glad you had a complete physical & caught this in the early stages.  You're lucky to be in an area with good doctors.

Last Fri. Bensons & Hollertz came for lunch.  I had a 1 pm Dr. appt. so we met at 2 pm -- Holiday Inn.  They quit serving lunch at 2 pm but a woman in charge said we could eat in the bar area & order from the menu.  I wonder if she is the owner's wife.  I'll ask Kim tomorrow. She came by & talked to us & said anytime we wanted a late lunch just say Cathy said we can do it.  She was a very interesting person.  They plan to meet in Apr. again & at the Holiday Inn.  We were the only ones in the bar area so we weren't bothered with anyone smoking.  We enjoyed each other's company.

Today I made a cake for dessert tomorrow nite & of course I had to sample it.  It came out good -- made from scratch.

Last Sat. Wrrn paper had a very interesting article on the '56 flood in Wrrn.  I know you will enjoy reading it.  The town was really flooded.

The Commissioners are having a time here accusing each other.  David Bauer is the one who starts things -- he was the same when he was pres. of the school board.  Too full of himself.

Barb gets a number of catalogues featuring clothes and I've seen some tops I like.  So far I haven't followed thru with an order, but now I think I will.  I never see anything I like in the stores.  I don't think older ladies count when it comes to decent styles.

Before we went grocery shopping, we went to the Mall.  I needed to get some sympathy cards -- Jack Bjorkquist died.  Barb wanted to look at shoes & I always like to look at shoes. We went to "The Shoe Dept" & they had some Dockers that I tried on & got a pair.  Not exactly a moccasin but similar & so comfy.  A taupe color, not really a tan.  On sale plus 50% off so they only cost $9.99.  I couldn't believe it & couldn't resist!

Last Sun I watched the Mets play Puerto Rico -- Mets lost.  Mon. they were on again vs. Cleveland.  They won.  A lot of new names but some will go down to other teams until they are ready for the big one.  I think they will field a winning team this year!!

Why I like & appreciate Paul's letters.
1)  Usually I get one every week.
2)  They are so informative.
3)  Some part will make me laugh.
4)  I hear what is going on in your lives -- family, jobs, pleasures, Andy & Eddie, etc. etc.
Thank you so much.

Wed. aft.

Last Fri, the 3rd, I had a Dr. appt.  All is well.  My blood pressure was 130/90./  I had a blood test, but I can't remember the reason.  Whatever they were looking for was a little low, so I'll have another blood test in 4 months.  The Dr. said I want you to have thyroid scan & it was this aft. at 2 pm.  First they gave me a shot for color.  Not dye but I forget what is was.  I was a little shook up over the experience.  Waited for 10 min & then called in. I had to lie on a long bed like with a pillow under my head & a pillow under my knees.  It took about 15 min, 4 shots.  Camera overhead & they moved it closer & then from one side to the other.  Then I was ready to go home about 2:30 pm.  Barb didn't wait there, so the receptionist called home for me & she picked me up. She was sure I'd have to call Larry for a ride, as she takes Scott home about 3:15.  She was thinking of her experiences but from what I've had before I knew it wouldn't take that long.

I'm watching baseball:  Cuba vs. Panama.  Last of the 9th, 2 out, bases loaded & they are tied.  Pan. is up.  Then I'll watch Canada vs. USA.  It is fun to watch.

Dinner preparations are started but it is soon time to get going again.

Now it's 8:30 & the kitchen has been put in order again.

We had a nice dinner with Lar, Kim & Torey.

Tomorrow Barb & I plan to go to Jamestown.  If I don't find any clothes I like, I'll send an order from one of the catalogues.

I'll mail this from Jamestown.  If we don't' go out on Fri. the letter isn't mailed until Mon.

Did you see the movie Crash?  A lot of people were surprised when it won the Oscar.  That is what I read in the newspaper.  I watch old movies on TMC.

Hope things are getting better for you Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment