Saturday, February 8, 2014

Thursday, February 10, 2006


Thurs. has become my letter writing day.  Have Valentines ready to send to Millie & Gen & the boys.  But I got dinner in the crockpot first.  Now it's coffee time & my letter to you folks. Where to begin.

Super Sunday, of course, & the Steelers win.  but I was on "pins & needles" til the end of the game.  Don't remember being like that in the 70s when the Steelers won>  I was younger then & the Steelers had more established stars.  But they won!  It was exciting.

Dale had to go to school yesterday.  Up at 4:00 & off at 5:30 A.M. & home safe & sound by 7 pm.

I've been busy (for an old lady) this week. Mon. was a bright, sunny day & it inspired me. After making Dale's bed with clean sheets & starting the laundry, I set Danish rolls.  Then decided to set dinner rolls & also made choc. chip cookies to use the oven while heated.  So by early aft. the kitchen was cleaned up.  I sat awhile & then it was supper time.

Tues. A.M. I baked my Danish -- whoops, I made the cookies Tues A.M.

Wed. I prepared for Lar & Kim's coming over.  Made a carrot cake using the recipe from Bon Appetit & I really liked how it came out.  Nice & Light & tasty.  It calls for coconut but I left it out.

Dale got a letter from Rick Schommer.  Remember he & his wife are in Honduras with the Mercy Ships.  They are learning Spanish, working with health education, having Bible studies, etc.  Dale said he never pictured Rick in a situation like this.  People change & that is good.  They'll be a year over there.  It is interesting to hear of their experiences.  Dale gave me the letter to read.  Maybe I'll write to them -- don't think Dale will.  He might surprise me!

Scott didn't pass Health because he didn't hand in homework papers.  His other subjects showed improvement.  Ii give the credit to Barb for working with him esp. when he doesn't want to do homework or even cares if it gets done.

We're having Jan. weather now but the nice part is the days are longer with more light in the A.M. & P.M.  That helps a lot.

I finished my jigsaw puzzle with Barb's help.  It is a very pretty scene.  Had to look on the floor & between the cushions to find missing pieces.  All were found.  Most likely I'll start another one.

In the USA Today I've been reading about the Blackberry controversy.  At least I know a little about what they're talking about -- in your letters you mentioned Joanna's Blackberry & it's not a fruit!

Last Mon.l was a snow day.  We got about 5" but the outer edges of the county got more & there was a cold wind & icy streets.

We didn't go grocery shopping per usual.  I really didn't need that much so Barb picked up the necessities at BiLo on Tues.  I fix a lunch for Dale when he goes to school & needed meat.  They like thuringer & BiLo has the best.  It was a favorite growing up at home.

Almost forgot.  Both Dale & Lar were ahead of you in the prostate testing.  Both had it already.  It was interesting to read the results of your testing.  Do you mind going to a woman Dr.  I've never had a woman Dr.  Not that many to choose from when I started regular appts, if any.  That was 25  years ago.

Both of Kim's niece & nephew graduate this next June.  Kim hoped to go to their program graduation but June is too late for permission to get days off in Wrrn.  They are a year apart but the timing was they both could start school.  Both have the main classes in the A.M. & work afternoons.  The daughter works at McDonald's & plans to go to a community college. Don't remember where the son works & he is thinking of joining the Marines, I think.  I guess it isn't necessary to attend graduation, as Kim said they might not even go to graduation. They miss a lot by working but the money must be worth the sacrifice.

It is soon lunch time so I'll close.  I knew I made 2 things on Mon but couldn't remember.  In place of the cookies on Mon, I made an apple pie for soup & pie Mon. menu.  Today is take it easy Thurs & I'm taking it easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment