Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday, February 14, 2006


After Dale left for work this A.M., I turned & watched a great movie Mrs. Parkington with Greer Garson.  Missed the beginning but sat watching it til near 9 A.M.  It was so good. Then I took my shower, etc. & about 10 A.M. washed the kitchen floor.  My back has been bothering me a bit so I sat & rested with an ice pack on my back.  Started a new jigsaw puzzle & put some pieces in it.  It goes together faster this time.  Then fixed lunch for Dale, he work til 8 pm, cleaned up & watched my soaps.  When Barb left to take Scott home, I did my ironing, mostly pressing my slacks &^ 2 shirts for Dale.  Barb is making chili & Dale can have that so I don't have to make a meal.  I'll fix scrambled eggs & toast for me.

I was shocked at Mimi's news & wondered why Dad never told me that bit of news.  I'm sure I wouldn't forget anything like that.  I thought when you forgave a person that ended the issue. Guess it didn't with Ruth.  I tho't Rudy graduated from Augustana, another bit of news I missed.  Poor Ruth, I'm sure Ruth needled him more than once.  They were in La Porte awhile when Rudy worked in a funeral home.  I often wondered why he had work red in a factory job & didn't use his education.  Guess there's one in every generation!

You mentioned the Buff. paper -- there is now no evening paper, just the A.M. edition.  Too much T.V. competition?

Did you noticed that the Caldwell girl your age died.  Lung cancer -- she couldn't give up smoking.

Marilyn Thelin Passenger is in an Erie hospital recovering from a lung operation that is cancer.  She never smoked.  Erma Thelin was hospitalized in Wrrn. with a blood infection.

Barb was cleaning the small closet in her room & found some papers, etc.  Lar & Barb's report cards & Dad's high school graduation picture.  He is so young looking & cute.  Barb is sure "it is a picture Paul would like."  She's love copies for her & Lar & Dale but they won't reprint photos.  She wishes they'd make an exception seeing it is such an old picture.  I'm sure he graduated in 1935.  Maybe it was '33 as he graduated from Augustan in '39.  He went to college 1 semester, worked the rest of the next year & returned to college in the fall. He was very frugal & graduated from seminary with no debts & very little help from the family.

Yesterday I had a nice surprise in the mail.  A Valentine from Andy with a note on it.  I was so thrilled to hear from him.  Give him my love & thanks.  We'll celebrate Wed., tomorrow, when Lar & Kim come.  I got their favorite candy & Barb plants to pick up some lottery tickets.  Such gamblers we are!

Last Sun. Pat & Ted Benson came to Warren to go to church with me.  We were suppose to go out to eat after church, but I couldn't go.  We had our annual meeting right after church & I stayed for that.  But soon all the others plan to come to Wrrn. for lunch & Ted & Paul will pick me up.  It will be nice to see them all again &^ find out what is happening in their lives.

Friday, February 17

At 6 AM, I looked for the newspaper.  It was very windy & I hope to get it before it blew all over.  I wasn't successful.  I had to go outside to retrieve it -- it had blown all over, was wet, torn & unreadable.  We have a mat by the front door, storm door that opens, a mailbox so you think the kid could put it somewhere safe.  We called & got another one.

Your letter came on Thurs. this week.  That is wonderful news about your trip to Fla.  The boys will really enjoy it & a good deal as well.  Have fun. what are the dates?  That is great news about Andy's basketball & that is he getting more playing time.  Great height isn't always everything.

It is a good day & maybe weekend to stay inside & read a good book.  Don't' have a good book so I'll finish my puzzle & maybe start another one.

Yesterday I made 2 batches of cookies.  Froze part of the dough & baked 3 pans of cookies. A sugar cooky with a almond Hershey on top.  Bake the cooky first &^ then put a kiss in when you take the pan out of the oven.  They are good.  Then the chocolate cooky with the Andes mint on  top to melt as icing.  So I have something with my coffee!

I'm enclosing a check made out to you Paul.  But save it for the boys to spend in Fla. $50.00 each.

I've watched some of the Olympics & enjoyed the snow boarding & skating.  But with NASCAR starting on Sun. in Daytona there is a lot going on & we 've had that on during lunchtime.  Tiger plays in golf this week In Calif. so we have that on plus the regular shows I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment