Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thursday, March 2, 2006


Yesterday's forecast of icy roads came true -- no school today.  Last nite that is what Kim hoped for.  A long weekend for the kids.  Teacher's meeting on Fri & Mon. is parent-teacher conferences.  Dale almost slipped this A.M. when he started his car.  He put salt on the walks so I had no trouble getting the garbage to the curb.

This A.M. I started dinner rolls as the ones in the freezer were used up.  A good day to do it, as the 1st Thurs. of the month there is a lunch meeting at work for Dale.  Also have dinner in the crockpot -- it has become a favorite for Dale & me.  Barb hardly never wants to eat it. Only steak is in her diet plans.

Last nite Kim told us her Aunt Dede fell down the basement steps.  She has a basement apt. ion her daughter's home.  She does her washing upstairs & was going to take the basket to the basement.  Her daughter told her to leave it & she'd bring it down after her shower.  She also berated her for wearing thongs going up & down the stairs.  In the bathroom she heard a thud & upon checking Dede was at the bottom of the stairs, head all bloody.  She called 911 & she broke some bones in her neck & had a concussion.  Was out for several hours.  She must be in her 70's.  She is alert now.  To make matters worse, her son showed up at the hosp. drunk.  Kim said "that's my family".

I should be able to have a fresh roll for lunch with our current favorite, thuringer.  We get it at BiLo & it is very good, but expensive.  It was a favorite growing up.  Another favorite was spiced ham, but I never see that.

Fri. March 3

This aft. at 1 pm & had a Dr. appt.  All is well -- blood pressure 130/60 & that is good for me. They took blood for some test.  And the Dr. wants me to have a thyroid scan that is set for next Tues aft. at the hospital.  Then at 2 pm Warren & Anna picked me up & we met Ted & Pat at the Holiday Inn.  They stop lunch service at 2 pm  but said we could sit in the bar area & order from the menu.  Just the 5 of us & we enjoyed our visit & lunch.  They made plans to come her in April so I can be along.  Before we left the woman who said we could have lunch in the bar came by & asked how things were.  We visited with her & she said we could come anytime if it was 2 or after & get lunch.  She said tell them "Cathy said so!"  I wonder if she could be the owner's wife.  I'll have to ask Kim -- she knows just about everyone.  I can't remember their name but it was in the paper recently.

I watched golf when I got home.  There is a new young player from Spain & he is good. Right now the top 4 are tied -- Tiger, Phil M, the Spanish fellow & the 4th name won't come to mind.  The Spanish fellow had pink pants, low cut waits, white knit shirt & belt & he wears clothes well  The girls will be after him.  He went to college in Fla.

Yesterday my nose dripped like a faucet.  It was blow, blow, blow.  I finally took an Airborne tablet & rested after lunch & that helped a bit.  Took another one later & went to bed early. Today no blowing so I was happy.

This coming week the temperatures are suppose to be more normal.  Sure hope so -- I'm ready for weather that is warmer.  Low 20's was what we reached today.  The sun made it appear warmer until the wind started blowing.

The nice thing about the crockpot meal that are leftovers & they make a 2nd meal.  I really like that.

I haven't worked on my puzzle much this week but it will wait for me.  I'm been playing Solitaire.

Nice to read about baseball in the papers.  I wonder if we'll get the Mets broadcasts this year.  Maybe I'll have to watch Pittsburgh as we can get their games.  I like the idea of ala carte TV  Wonder if it will come to pass or just idle talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment