Sunday, November 4, 2012

Saturday, March 8, 2003

Jack and Boxer, at peace

This is Dale's A.M. to work til 12 noon so I was up early.  Made a coffee cake & worked on my puzzle.  It is only 10:20 A.M. & it seems like a long A.M.  So I'll start a letter to do something different.

Today's paper showed another person running for County Commissioner making the total 15 so far!  (19 now.)  Many want to oust the present men as they are not well liked because of their deeds.  A part time job with a good salary.  I wonder what the job qualifications are.  Notoro from Clarendon, who is 87, will run as a write-in.  He has never won an election but keeps trying.  He probably can't produce enough names for the petition.  Only 4 will be nominated.  2 from each party.

You've probably noticed that the people in Tidioute are upset because students 9-12 grades will attend Youngsville Hi next fall.  Some refused to make out their classes for Sept.  More fun, more letter to the editor.

The library is upset (my thoughts go ahead of my hand) because finances will be cut 50% due to the passage of the 1st part of the Gov. budget.  If they aren't opened enough hours they will lose $80,000.  And they can't run it on less money.  This is all due to the Rep. who surprised the Dem. by calling for a vote with no discussion.  They are in the majority so it's all politics!  Naturally is passed.  Each trying to outwit the other.  Why am I so eager to read the paper very morning.  The gov. might veto it.

It's a beautiful day before another cold spell due next week.  Barb plans to wash the van & I'm sure Dale sill stay past noon to wash his Blazer.  The car washes should be busy today.  It gives one a real lift to see the sun & the tempts climb into the high 40's.

Barb is counting calories & I've become more calorie conscious when I read how many calories are in my favorite snacks.  So I'm trying to be more careful because it is so easy to watch the scale climb higher.

Mon. A.M., Mar. 10

Lar called to tell me that Mike B. called him, after getting a call from John, Paula's husband, (finally) to tell him Carey's sold their house.  But Lar is to sound surprised when Mr. Carey calls to tell him. Lar is happy as he won't do yard work for the new owner.  Dale just started using the garage so he'll have to stop now.  Carey's will have to come home earlier as I'm sure the new owners will want to move in as soon as possible.

Had a couple of very ripe bananas & didn't want to make ban. bread so I tried a banana bar recipe from the St. Paul cook book -- Evelyn Bergland's recipe.  Tried a small sample &^ it's good.  I'll bring some to Bible Study, for coffee & sandwiches, tomorrow.

Eddie's latest Lego creation

Wed. Mar. 12

Bert got a carbon monoxide meter for her house & it started beeping.  Barb is upset about working there.  Bert said she couldn't do anything about it as she had to get ready to go out to lunch.  But she did call to have the furnace checked -- the other reason would be the water heater but that is only 2 years old.

Barb mentioned Andy will be 15 1/2 Marc 15.  Does that mean he will want to start driving, getting a permit, etc.  Does it mean a few more gray hairs!!  Or does it mean a 3rd car in your driveway?  Fun days ahead.

I got an invitation to Beth Darling's wedding & reception Apr. 5th.  I don't care to go alone but I'll send a card & a gift of money.  The 3rd wedding for that family.  All kids will be married.

Bert is going to NYC the end of the month to get her taxes done.  Legally she is a resident of New York & is taxed according to N.Y. laws.  When she is gone we hope to go to Erie & the Mall.

Bert gets a new furnace tomorrow Thurs.

Red-cheeked, out of breath, Eddie heads for the bench to take a break

Thurs. A.M.

We have snow showers but I got the garbage out early & missed it.

Back to Careys -- they will live in Fla. & move their furniture down there until they decide where they want to live.  Philly or Buffalo area.

We think spring is coming!

We played dominoes & chicken scratch (is that it) with Min & Lila & it was fun.

I'll add a P.S.

Tonite Kim told us she hasn't been feeling or sleeping well.  She has an irregular heart beat, as many people do, but it happens every minute or minute and a half.  She can feel it, also.  The blood test showed nothing bad.  Sat. she will wear some sort of a vest to check her heart.  The Dr. hasn't been able to find any cause.  Once he finds out I'm sure she'll have some medication.  You can tell she is very concerned.  The Dr. said to lay off wine & drink decaf.  I didn't know about it but my coffee is weaker & she had 2 cups.  Next week I'll have decaf.  Slow up on the exercise as well.  She likes to lift weights at the Y.  Also when she had a blood test it was hard to get blood for 3 vials.  Just wanted to let you know what is going on in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment