Thursday, November 29, 2012

Saturday, June 14, 2003


The new neighbors are moving in.

I'll start my letter with the bad news we will not be going to the Nelson reunion.  We all agree to this.

Yesterday we didn't go to Acock Inn for lunch -- they changed it to Cable Hollow Gold Course & it was a nice get together.  I had the fish fry & it was excellent.  Had a nice visit with them (gang).  Karen's (eldest Hollertz girl) son was with Anna & Warren & he is a nice boy..  9 years old -- only child.  Robbie.  He loves Legos so we stopped at KMart to see if they had some he wanted.  He found one .  He was explaining ti to me but it is something new I don't know about or didn't understand.

Learned a little more about the new pastors.  He has been out for 3 years & she finishes her training this month.  They want calls close together.

Called Gen last nite to wish her Happy Birthday   She had ha nice time with Millie & Linda. They took her shopping at Filene's & Gen got a light lube suit & other things on sale.  

I'm watching golf on TV & I can see blue sky & fluffy clouds in Ill.

When I read your letters about trying to encourage the boys to study, etc. it makes me smile.  Then I say to myself, "Paul is getting back what he gave to me." !!!!  A taste of his own medicine!

Dale finally got to mow the lawn this aft.

I'll be awaiting the pictures of the front yard -- it sounds really nice.


Kim went to a garage sale yesterday & talked with the owner.  Some years ago they paid someone from N.Y. state $15,000 to update their yard.  When Larry saw it, he said the shrubbery is planted to close together.  Sure enough some bushes died & she called on Lar to take them out & to do some trimming.  Then she wanted Larry to mow their yard, but Lar refused.  He told her he mowed 2 lawns & stuck to doing it because they hired him when he just started his 2nd job.  He even told her he preferred not to do trimming anymore.  She was disappointed.  She said she wanted to be able to say "Larry Nelson does my yard upkeep." So I guess has had made a name for himself.

We're going to dinner tomorrow nite at Nickel Inn to celebrate Lar and Kim's birthdays.

Tiger Woods just teed off so the golf gets more interesting.  (Didn't turn out that way.)

Mon. A.M. the 16th

Kim & Lar drove to Nickel Inn in the Miata & Dale drove us in the Monte Carlo. He finished working on it, but he said it needs more fine tuning.  Barb didn't want to drive.  We enjoyed our meal.  Lar, Dale & I had Prime Rib & it was excellent.  Ki had chicken parmesan & Barb had stuffed cod.  Even Barb had dessert -- a choc. cheesecake & Lar, Dale & I had strawberry shortcake.  Kim was telling us about an incident concerning Larry.  On Sat. a group of "guys" get together for soccer scrimmage & it usually only lasts 1 hr.  Larry didn't come & Kim began to worry.  She was sure Lar had been hurt & was at the emergency room. She decided to go to the hosp. & check it out when in comes Lar.  They had decided to play 2 hours this time.

I think summer is arriving -- Yesterday was lovely & it sounds like we have a good week ahead.

This weekend coming up, the Yankees are at the Mets.  I hope the Mets have their playing shoes on for this series.  They took the series from the Angels.  It came on TV at 4 pm so we couldn't see the entire game but the Mets were ahead 6-0 when we left.  A young & promising rookie (Jose Reyes) hit his 1st grand slam.  That was exciting for Met fans!

After lunch we went to the Mall & then grocery shopping. Dale was late coming home for lunch & when I was ready to leave, I couldn't see Barb outside.  She was talking to the neighbor Dan N. (Conaway's) & aught up on the news.  The trees on our street are suppose to come down because they are diseased.  Ones in front of Dan's house are down & also at Johnson's old house.  The roots ruin the sidewalks & leaves fill the gutters.

Frank, across the st, gave up on his ex-wife who has already left the guy she left Frank for & Frank has started to date.

Dan's daughter graduated from M.I.T. this spring; broke their hearts by marrying against their wishes. They have come to accept it, think he is OK but they would have liked a wedding here.  They (Allison) want to move to Fla. so they can sail their sail boat.  She has the prospects of a job.  Dan didn't say much about the husband -- job, etc.


June 19. Wed.

Barb's body is still aching.  I think she thought she would be able to ride her bike sooner than she would be able to.  It cost her $78.00 to get her bike fixed.

Sun. I asked Kim what she'd like for her birthday menu   She said "anything" & I said "That's no help", so then she came up with hamburgers.  So that is what I'll have with pot. salad, fruit (cantaloupe & watermelon) U& hamb. fixings.  She likes meringue so tonite I made one in the pie pan & maybe make a custard & fruit to go into it.  Heated the oven to 450, turned it off when I put the meringue in the oven, leaving it there all night.  Hope it turns out OK.


Thurs the 19th

Rain overnight & more today.  Will we ever see summer?

Fri. A.M.  The furnace slicked on this A.M., temp 51.  I quickly turned it off.  NO sun as of 7:20 A.M. & it's cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment