Thursday, November 15, 2012

Saturday, April 26, 2003

I'm at loose ends -- it is 9:45 & no paper.  If I call they don't answer so Dale will pick one up. And when the bill comes I"ll deduct from the tip.  We have a very lazy paper boy.  This is the 2nd time lately we've not had a paper.

Last nite I switched between watching the Pirates vs. the Brewers L.A. (already mixed up) and the Braves vs. the Brewers.  The Pirate game was so exciting.  The young pitcher pitched a great game until the 9th inning.  He even hit a home run, the announcers said was in "Piazza territory".  The score was 2-0 in Pitts. favor & he tired in the botto top of the 9th & L.A. tied the score & wont the game 5-2.  I tho't (what do I know) they should have bro't in a closer right away but maybe they don't have a good one or maybe they wanted to give him a chance for a complete game.  He deserved to win but that's how games turn out at times. Benetiz lost 5 games for the Mets in the 9th.

I just finished reading the paper & making a grocery list from the ads.

The Kiwanis Club sponsors a blood testing today & Barb signed up for it & was there at 8 A.M.  The results are mailed to the person.  Dad & I did that many years ago when we met Warren & Anna in Kane for the testing.  Afterwards we went out for breakfast.

Sun. Apr. 27

Today Barb stopped by Bert's to check on things.  A fellow was looking at the house north of Bert's.  He would like to buy it & restore it.  He said to Barb "Aren't you a Nelson?"  He remembered her from school even tho he is 2 years younger.  Dale remembered him. His name is Kim Schuler & he works for Penelec if I recall correctly; will retire in 9 years & wants that house for retirement. It would require a lot of work & he would like to get Bob Vila interested to come & do it for TV.  I don't know if the owner wants to sell.  She is in Baltimore & hasn't kept it up at all & can't afford to do anything.  He also looked at the house on the other side of Bert's & he said it was a shame how it was left.  Larry & Kim said they heard someone is interested in the corner house even if it is in bad condition, but for "For Sale" sign is still up.

Yesterday I made a pie crust & this A.M. -- (I was up at 7 A.M.) I made a pecan pie before breakfast.  It was good.

Tues. Apr. 29

This A.M. we went to KMart at ( AM, got a few necessities; went grocery shopping.  After I got everything put away I cleaned the bathroom. Always fix Dale a good lunch on his long Tues.  After doing the dishes, I started dinner rolls & made your favorite cooky, Paul.  P.B. oats choc. chip.  Barb suggested those.  In between I browned beef cubes for chop suey -- Nelson style.  Around 3:30 I finally had a cup of coffee & sampled the cookie.  Good!  Now it's 7 pm & I'm thru for the day & will take it easy.  While cleaning up dishes, etc., I watched "Curb Appeal" a program I seldom watch.  But it was so interesting & such a difference in the home's street appeal after completion.

Lynn gave Barb a Smoothie Maker for Christmas.  It is different in that it works counter clockwise so the lid doesn't always close right.  Sun. Barb was making a smoothie & after mixing it she lifted it up & the smoothie poured out over the counter, the dishwasher,& the floor.  The 3r4d time it happened & the last as far as Barb is concerned.  Th is A.M. she got a new blender.  It took her awhile to clean up the mess.  Barb got her magazine she ordered from Ed.  She likes it.

Somehow "This Old House" got my name & sent me a card about their magazine & a good first time offer.  So I ordered it & got the 1st magazine last Sat.  Very interesting altho Barb says it is all advertising.

We're finally getting some nice weather.  Think I'll walk over town tomorrow & go to the bank for May money.  Might stop at Blair's store.  I got one of their catalogues & it was nice -- more interesting styles than Penney's cat.

Barb went over to Bert's.  She has been working on the floors -- staining them followed by -- and I can't think of the word.  You don't varnish anymore -- there is a new finish & it won't come to mind.

We plan to go to Erie next Wed. as it is a full day for Scott so Barb doesn't have to pick him up.  They are going to Edinboro College to visit the Planetarium.  Lynn will drive.  Wed. might be better than Fri. at the Mall.

Thurs. May 1st

Kim left early to go to the All Schools Musical "Li'l Abner".  Kyle Metz from church has the male lead.  He is a nice young man.  Lar is working at Carey's & Dale is removing his car from Carey's garage.  Barb is working in the garden.  I'm thru working -- the dishwasher is at work & I'm watching TV & taking it easy.  And Torey is sleeping in the dining room.

The Mets were on ESPN this aft. & they continued in their losses.  St. Louis beat them 6-5 in the 10th inning.  They go to Milwaukee next -- which team will be the winner.  Both are in the same boat -- on the bottom.

Lar is giving Dale a haircut.

All is well with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment