Friday, November 23, 2012

Monday, May 19, 2003


I'll start out with the news that we won't be going to the reunion.  Reason.  I don't think Lar & Kim will be going & even if they do they'll also drive.  Our car insurance won't allow Dale to drive our car & Barb doesn't care to do all the driving.  So we'll have to call & cancel our reservations.  It is a long trip for just a few days.

This aft. I went to the dentist for a cleaning, check up & had 1 filling.  I go back in June for a filling and I didn't realize the filling for my root canals is a temporary one so he'll be fixing that.  And now I can feel I lost a filling -- can fell the hole with my tongue.  My teeth are costing me money   Bat at least they are mine.

Yesterday after church, there was a mtg to decide on a handicap elevator by the Concord Elevator, Inc. It will be installed at the entrance door nearest Division St.  Will hold a wheelchair & 2 people.  The elevator will cost $21,686 + 3 safety locks.  Site readiness $5400.  Other expenses estimated to be $3000.00, totaling $30,000.  They hope to use $20,000 from the Albert Johnson estate leaving the congregation to raise $10,000.  The project passed.  The recommended each family give 1.00 a week for 3 years.

Dale left Sun. for 2 days of school. They changed the location from Rochester to Youngstown, Ohio.  He'll be home Tues. nite.  He was suppose to go the same day as his Dr. appt. & told them he couldn't go.

Thanks for the pictures.  The patio furniture looks so nice.  I like the arrangement in the living room.  A nice picture of you holding Boxer.  The animal shelter is having a gold event to raise money & Kim is helping.  She got Dale to donate $25.00 & a hole will have Torey's picture on it & Dale's name for donating.  That must be some arena in Mpls.  In the one picture, the front looks so bare but the other one shows greener grass (result of all the rain -- here as well) & your front yard project.  It will look very nice.  You have a good start.  Is the lamp by the door new -- can't remember seeing it.  Or maybe it didn't sink in.



We got groceries today.  Then the dentist so I haven't felt like doing much except watch TV.

Did I mention they changed the voting place from Calvary Baptist youth area to Holy Redeemer hall.  Barb will take me over & I'll walk home.  Then I'll have to do some work, i.e., dust, clean the bathroom, etc.  Wed we plan to go to Jamestown.  Bert comes home this Thurs. so Barb won't be able to work odd hours.  Like she cleaned Bert's upstairs & after she was thru with Scott she planned to go to Bert's to mow the front yard & check the floors she's been working on.

Wed. the 21st.  At 9:30 A.M., we went to Jamestown.  I got a girdle at Bon Ton -- plenty on sale but nothing I wanted.  Ditto Sears & Penney's.  Then we went to Wegman's for groceries & home again.  I had told Dale we wouldn't be home at lunch time but it was a quick trip.  Barb felt like buying something but saw nothing she liked.

My back is giving me trouble.  After I sit, it takes awhile to straighten up.  So I made an appt. with the chiropractor for 3 pm tomorrow aft.  That will straighten me out.  He doesn't keep one coming a long time.  Maybe 2 visits.  They give a heat treatment that feels so good -- a vibrating one.

The former commissioners were not re-elected.  Too many people not satisfied with their job. We'll see what the new ones will do starting Jan 1.  Also 4 school board members were not re-elected.  People won't want a new grade school near the high school, as well as closing schools, etc.

Thurs the 22nd.

My back feels much better following my trip to the chiropractor.  I'll get 1 more treatment on Tues. & he told me to use the heating pad twice a day for 20 min. each time.

We gave Lar & Kim their anniversary card & gift of money.  They want to get another table & chairs for the deck & will use the money toward that purchase   Kim has been looking but can't find the color she wants.  Tomorrow nite they will go out to dinner with another couple.

Hope you had a nice anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment