Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sunday, March 16, 2003

Artwork by Eddie Nelson

Yesterday I was up early due to a runny nose & cough & didn't want to make a lot of noise.   I sat in the chair with the afghan.  At 6:15 the telephone rang and it was the hospital.  Bert hadn't answered her phone.  So I woke Barb up & she called Bert & she answered.  The phone rang twice but when Bert answered no one was there.  Later in the day Bert called to apoliage make an apology (spelling wouldn't come) for waking me up early but I told her I'm an early rise.  She has this call to make sure she is OK.

I didn't feel good all day Sat, -- nose ran all day. But I did manage to make a batch of cookies & made chicken & spag. for dinner.  Was in bed by 9 pm.  Today I feel fine.  Dale had a headache Sat.

Today Christopher Darling was baptized.  H is wife's mother Roxie Sasserson (daughter Kristen).  They have a girl Emma and the baby Ian.  A big group of relatives in church.

You have a very active library with activities for all ages.  That is great.

Now that warmer weather is on the way -- hit the 60s Sat. & will today -- which job on your list comes first.  You'll be kept busy with what you hope to accomplish.

Rose S. was in church today & she said she has swelling in her legs & that isn't good.

We went to Jamestown last Fri. -- no school so Barb didn't have to pick Scott up after school.  We had lunch at Red Lobster.  I got a pair of light blue summer slacks at Bon Ton & a top to go with it at Sears.  I didn't plan to buy anything, but I couldn't resist the slacks & then I need a top that matched the color.  Excuses, excuses!

On Sun. aft. LeRoy Schneck has a radio program of oldies & since there is nothing that interests me on TV, I'm enjoying some old tunes.

Mon. A.M., the 17th

I'm taking a time out.  I've been up & down the attic stairs to put away some winter clothes & take down supp summer things.  (Guess I was thinking of food.)  Reason -- the bats come back sometime in Mar. & they like our attic, but I don't like them.  We should look for light coming thru & put foam there.  Just looking I can't see anything.  I should hire a House Detective (H&G) & see what should be done before "you guys" sell it.  I know there will have to be a railing by the attic stairs -- it would be very handy for me now.  Maybe I'll suggest it to Dale.

Wed. A.M. Mar 19

I'm glad I'm not in Denver with the blizzard the state is having.  Everything is closed down. The Weather Channel keeps us informed.

Mr. Collins is a real nut -- he sweeps the road in front of his house to the other side edge. He doesn't care about the traffic.  And he was moving his backyard already & the grass isn't green yet or even growing.  And his equipment is so loud.

Scott told Barb he would like 12 of the choc. surprise cookies I make.  They are his favorite now.  He'd like them for his July birthday.  Every time I make them Barb brings him a couple. At least he'll have memories of homemade cookies.

The snow (piled up mounds) is just about gone.  And much faster due to the warm weather. Rain is predicted but I don't think it will mean flooding.  The creek isn't that high.

I can hear Barb moving around so I'd better get busy before I lose my ambition. It's easily lost!  Later.

I washed the floor this A.M., started dinner rolls, made a good lunch for Dale.  Why -- because yesterday I forgot all about it being Dale's long day at work & didn't fix a good lunch & forgot an extra snack, which he added himself.  Made up for it today.  After cleaning up after lunch, I made a batch of choc. cookies, then formed my rolls.  While they were raising, I baked the cookies.  Then the rolls.  Now the rolls are in the freezer, the cookies frosted & put away.  And I'm enjoying a cooky & coffee.  Too bad you're not closer.

The other aft. there was a smell in the laundry area.  I smelled the sponges, my basket of leaflets, & even the rug around the toilet.  No odor.  Finally I smelled the drain in the tub. That was the culprit.  Put in soda & vinegar followed by boiling water & that did the trick. When I told Dale about ti, he said if the pipe dries out you get the gas odors so I must be sure that I put water in it as we don't use it that much.  The sink was put in when we moved here as then we had a suds saver washing machine.

Thurs. Mar. 20

Well we are at war & all the networks are covering it so I don't get to see my soaps.  But I can turn to Hallmark TV & watch 2 hrs of Perry Mason.  I'm watching Fox TV & it is interesting to hear what is & will happen.  I don't know how much they really know.

We didn't get our Warren paper this A.M.  I called the newspaper but still no paper.  With the former owners I could depend upon our paper to come 15 min. after I called.  We don't have a very reliable paper boy.  And the USA wasn't in the mail either.  It's not my day newspaper-wise!  They drive the paper & I suppose the war news held it too late to be delivered on time.

I'm enjoying TV & have covered all the news I know or can remember!\

No comments:

Post a Comment