Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday, June 18, 2002


It has warmed up so I'm sitting on the porch.  Earlier in the day I set dinner rolls, which I refrigerated & choc. chip cookies.  After supper I baked the cookies & enjoyed one with a cup of coffee on the porch.  Tomorrow A.M. I'll bake the rolls.  Suppose to be in the 80's the end of the week. 

The people across the street, corner house, are having their late roof power washed.  They took a tree down on the north side & the roof on that side was covered with moss.  It looks so nice but it also has taken paint off the house so it will have to be painted again.


Thanks for the pictures.  I like the new cupboards & the different arrangement of the L.R.-D.R. area.
And what an improvement in the floor of Andy's room.  It looks so nice.  Would Eddie's room have the same kind of floor.


Kim enjoyed their golfing weekend but this is the last time to go there.  This year a couple of gals backed out the last minute & they had to find subs as they had to pay for them regardless.  Next year they might go closer to home -- like Peak 'n' Peek & just stay 1 nite.

When we got groceries this aft. we tried the corn on the cob -- 5/2.00.  It was pretty good.  We noticed Hatch Patch had strawberries but we didn't stop.  Probably 2.50 a qt.

The Mountain Laurel in the front of the house is in full bloom.  The first time so all of the rain must have helped.  It's pretty. 


I talked to Millie.  Ed's throat & one side are paralyzed so he can't swallow.  They had to put a tube in his stomach to feed him.  But he can talk.  John & Edith are very worried about Gen staying alone.  John disconnected something in the car so Gen can't drive & John would say he's too busy to fix it.  They are afraid of her reaction if they tell her she can't drive.  So she up & called AAA to take the car where they bot it & have it fixed.  When John heard that he told them not to touch it & tow it back.  It's tough when both of them are ailing.  I know Gen would hate to leave her home.

Yesterday I went to the dentist & he filled 1 tooth.  July 1, I go again for the tooth that broke off.

Tomorrow I go to get a blood test as I see Dr. McNett next week.  I'm taking care of myself.

I was very happy last weekend when the Mets took 2 of 3 games with the Yankees.  Doubly happy when Moe Vaughn hit a home run when his hitting has been zero.  If the team could start hitting it would be good.

I've been looking for a peanut butter brownie recipe & finally found one in one of my books.  They came out really good.  Just made a half recipe & they went too fast.

Golf was interesting last weekend.  A noisy crowd.  I was rooting for Tiger but Kim & Barb wanted Phil N. to win a major.

Wed. the 19th.  I got my dinner rolls baked & in the freezer.  Barb took me to get my blood test.  On the way home I stopped at the post office & got the new 37 cent stamps plus 3 34 cent stamps.  The new stamps start on the 30th of June.

We got the Fall-Winter Penney's catalogue so it's been fun looking thru it.  Not too much appeals to me, tho.


Wed. aft. baseball - Texas vs. the Cubs.  Beautiful day to watch a game at the park or field.  Will you get in on any of the All Star game to be played in Milwaukee?

Did Andy get his new bicycle?

Thurs. aft.  In the mail today, I got Ruth's new address & phone number.  Was glad to get it.

I'm all set for Kim's birthday dinner.  We're having steak, pot. salad, fruit salad (cantaloupe, watermelon& green grapes, all on sale this week), fresh beans, rolls & strawberry shortcake.  Barb stopped at Hatch Patch for berries.  2.00 for a very full qt.  The ladies at church said BiLo's shortcake is very good but Barb didn't see any so we have homemade shortcake.  New recipe, made in cup cake tins.  Looks good.

It's warming up but I haven't turned on the AC yet.  No humidity so far.

Did you forget I put out $50.00 for you!

Until next week love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment