Friday, August 3, 2012

Sunday, June 2, 2002


It's Sunday June 2nd so I'm starting early.  In the last letter I knew there was something I wanted to write but it wouldn't come to mind.  Not that important but I'll tell you.  About 3 weeks ago LeRoy Schneck wasn't on the radio A.M. news.   Finally remembered to ask Kim & she said he had a stroke.  He's not back yet -- Jim Gibson takes his place.  One of the daughters came home but didn't know which one.

Rose S. was in church today.  Betty Gustafson Mailhot picked her up.  It seemed good to see her sitting in her regular place.  The high school seniors were honored -- among them Ben Morelli who will go to the U. of Vermont.  8 graduates & as far as I know 6 of them will be going to college.

I bet your living room looks really nice.  I like the color.  Good to have it all clean from floor to ceiling.  I have had to dust a few cobwebs from our L.R. walls.  Haven't done any hard cleaning -- just try to keep things up.


Sat. & Sun. have been nice days so Dale has been tanning in the sun.  Yesterday I enjoyed reading on the porch & drinking coffee with freshly made rolls in the A.M. & freshly made molasses cooky & a peanut butter bar cooky in the aft.

Tonite Barb & I are having salmon & Dale will have a tenderloin steak -- from the grill.  This aft. I made a broccoli salad to take to LCW picnic tomorrow nite.  It needs to be refrigerated overnite.  Recipe from Kim & we all like it.

Now it's Thurs A.M., June 6 -- June's birthday.

The garbage is out for collection; a banana cream pie is in the fridge & I'm showered & dressed.

We had over 1.2" of rain yesterday.  It hit Tidioute & Youngsville hardest.  Trees down, electricity off.  In fact no school today in those areas -- still no elec.  It will be beautiful for Fri. graduations.


Suppose you noticed the Mets played 4 games in Atlanta. One was washed out, Braves won 3 & I'm hoping the Mets might win this aft. game.  They have to get hot sometime, I hope!  Braves' sports writers are not nice in print to the Mets.  Bobby V. keeps changing the outfield line up & I don't think that is a good idea.  Guess they (mgmt) think he's a good manager.  Barb & I don't agree.

Last Mon. nite was LCW & of course there is always "talk".  One lady knows someone in Mt. Jewett where Gary Risher is preaching on Sun.  Comment was "They wouldn't want him for a preacher."  They've been without a pastor for about 3 years.  That's where Ted Benson was.

Many years ago, after Dad retired, he preached at First Luth. for about 6-8 weeks while their pastor had a hip replacement.  Again this spring he had to have another replacement operation.  Recently while he was putting his sock on, he felt something.  A piece of the bone separated & now he has to have another operation.  Football injury.

I have to go to CVS for prescription medicine & to the library to return books & get more.  All is well here. 

Haven't heard from Gen who said she'd call.  Gen will be 80 the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment